GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alice the GTD

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
22 June 2014

Not been that busy on the car recently, been pretty hard at work and had a holiday to pay for so only got a few things sorted.

No progress on the wheels... :(

Hatch pop kit arrived and is installed (video to come shortly).

Carbon fibre badges came... not real. And not sure I like them, but not installed yet.

Otherwise just gave her a clean. Enjoy.

Cheers.

m18bte1

Passed Driver's Ed
Very nice gtd here and great progress , look forward to seeing more [emoji3] nice to see someone else from the uk!! P.s i want your bumper !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
07 August 2014

Few pics over the last few days if anyone hasn't seen my instagram.

Put my BBS CH on just until I got the stock wheels sealed with Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels. It's a really hydrophobic coating, and just sheets water, looking forward to putting it to the test.

Also am I right in saying black wheels on a black car has just become really outdated? :iono:

Tail lights for sale

Last edited:

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
25 May 2015

Well it's been a long time since anything has really happened. Work has been pretty busy, and I have some professional exams coming up, but amongst it all I got a promotion :happyanim: so that means I have a bit more cash to splash, but not a whole lot.

Anyway, I got rid of the sub I had previously, which was a 12" Pioneer champion series, just in and standard ported box, which was taking up some room so I decided to sell that and get a 10" Pioneer to replace it, along with a semi stealth enclosure which fits in the side of the boot.

The box is pretty well built, and looks the ticket. Only problem is it doesn't fit around one of the seatbelt anchors in the boot, which I assume are welded straight to the chassis and can't be removed? (I haven't looked into it yet). So if that's the case I will need to take a small bit off the box to get it to fit.

The sub doesn't fit normally either, hence why it was inverted, but it should take me an hour or so to sand down the inside of the box a bit to get it to fit. Shouldn't cause any major problems anyway.

The other big purchase was genuine VW LED rear lights, the non-smoked version. I had the smoked R tails and they were just too dark for my liking, plus the quality of the Depo reps are nothing compared to genuine, I was shocked at the difference in quality. Got them quite cheap too since the Euro rate is quite low :D

Hopefully have these fitted soon. I'm in the middle of studying for exams so I want to get those out of the way first :(

Then afterwards it will be on to finally finishing my wheels.

Cheers.

Last edited:

York_GTi

Passed Driver's Ed
They look fantastic!

Fraserr

Loving the tail lights, if you dont mind me asking where did you purchase them from and for how much? been looking around for a while.

andy6611661

Passed Driver's Ed
Loving the tail lights, if you dont mind me asking where did you purchase them from and for how much? been looking around for a while.
Thanks! I ended up getting them from carsystems.pl and they cost €500 odd which came to £380 including the postage! The adapters came included at that price too. Love them to bits and they are far better quality than the reps!