GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

17" lightweight wheel options for the R

darian

Ready to race!
If i read that right it is ET50 and will fit. The OEM ones are Et51, everything under 51 will fit, but under 40 will rub on the rear fenders

inc55

Go Kart Champion
How bout some 17inch goals?

Attachments

• 25gcn7l.jpg
    25gcn7l.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,240
  • nq4wn8.jpg
    nq4wn8.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,778

darian

Ready to race!
The Goals work on the R very well, but they are more winter wheels

YeahBuddy

Go Kart Champion
So I got a general question, for the newer models where can I buy valve stems? Im keeping the winter dunlops on the porto's and looking to get new rims for the continentals the car came with. Thanks!

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I think some wheels on Volk Racing site says they won't fit the R32s(CE28n in particular, which is ET50), I think R32 has the same brake package as the R??

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
OP: When you go to Tire Rack, don't use the GTI as your selection as you won't get proper results. Select 2008 R32 (until they have the Golf R on there) as your car and then select winter. Build your own package, skip tires and go to wheels, this will show you all the 17 inch wheels that will fit.

Your brakes on the GoRf are the same as the MKV R so brake clearance is your biggest issue, not fender clearance :thumbsup:

Oh, and Enkei PF01s, as well as Motorsport MT1s and O.Z. Alleggerita HLT all fit for lightweights that Tire Rack carries.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
OP: When you go to Tire Rack, don't use the GTI as your selection as you won't get proper results. Select 2008 R32 (until they have the Golf R on there) as your car and then select winter. Build your own package, skip tires and go to wheels, this will show you all the 17 inch wheels that will fit.

Your brakes on the GoRf are the same as the MKV R so brake clearance is your biggest issue, not fender clearance :thumbsup:

Oh, and Enkei PF01s, as well as Motorsport MT1s and O.Z. Alleggerita HLT all fit for lightweights that Tire Rack carries.

great info here - this post / thread should be stickied! :w00t:

siliciferous

How bout some 17inch goals?

Anthracite looks fantastic with Rising Blue. Looks like I'll be grabbing a set of these before next winter!

These are 17x7.5 while the OEM Talladegas are 18x7.5 right? What do you think about the snow performance of those Icebear W300s?

JoeVeeDubber

Ready to race!
so, anyone know what offset 17x8 will fit a 235/40/17 tire without rubbing issues?

will at 17x8.5 rim so i can throw a 255/40/17 on their work too?

when i do get some track wheels and tires, i want the widest i can get under the stock bodywork...