GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the W.A.L.K. on the "R"?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Just wondering if there is any real results using this on the AWD platform.

Had it on my old GTI and the benefits were great! Now sitting in a box as I'm unsure I'll notice any benefits due to the AWD.

Thoughts/comments?

Halvie

WOOSA
apr used the super pro arms on the maxR. Those bushings do basically the same thing. Don't see why you wouldn't notice an improvement.

confuc1ous

Go Kart Champion
Did they, on the GTi make the ride more jarring? Someone in another thread had mentioned that they rattle everything to death. I'm trying to figure out how much exaggeration there is in that?

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
davesxx01, how is that Brutale treating you? I had one of the original 1000cc ones back in 2000s. Traded for my 996R, and loved it.

Haha! It is brutal! One of the sexiest machines out there! A person definitely needs to love Italian machinery to own one!!

Thanks!!

Uamishka

Ready to race!
apr used the super pro arms on the maxR. Those bushings do basically the same thing. Don't see why you wouldn't notice an improvement.

Do you know if the anti-lift kit that is made with the Super Pro has the same benefit as whiteline's ALK? Which bushing would be better in your opinion?

Halvie

WOOSA
Do you know if the anti-lift kit that is made with the Super Pro has the same benefit as whiteline's ALK? Which bushing would be better in your opinion?

Yeah the Super Pro bushings are supposed to do the same thing as the walk as far as I know. Was told that the Super Pro bushing will hold up better than the whiteline, but no idea if that is actually true. Haven't heard about failures of either.

Uamishka

Ready to race!
Yeah the Super Pro bushings are supposed to do the same thing as the walk as far as I know. Was told that the Super Pro bushing will hold up better than the whiteline, but no idea if that is actually true. Haven't heard about failures of either.

Ok thanks for the response! It does look like they would do the same with the main purpose of adding positive caster. I heard that Whiteline's bushing inside of the ALK sometimes cracks but that it is replaceable. How do you feel about arms? Did they make significant difference?

Halvie

WOOSA
Ok thanks for the response! It does look like they would do the same with the main purpose of adding positive caster. I heard that Whiteline's bushing inside of the ALK sometimes cracks but that it is replaceable. How do you feel about arms? Did they make significant difference?

ehh not really because we have the lighter stamped arms to begin with. Lot bigger difference for mkv/R. You are only saving about a pound per side. Nice that the super pro kit comes with the other equivalent whiteline bushing though.

Mostly did it because there isn't anything else to do for the engine...which would explain the majority of my car.

Uamishka

Ready to race!
ehh not really because we have the lighter stamped arms to begin with. Lot bigger difference for mkv/R. You are only saving about a pound per side. Nice that the super pro kit comes with the other equivalent whiteline bushing though.

Mostly did it because there isn't anything else to do for the engine...which would explain the majority of my car.

Haha considering your wheel bolts i can only imagine the depth of the issue:) For instance i am still looking at you fenders...damn i want those! Gotta wait just a bit more now since the new iMac was announced today...sigh!

tamz273

Ready to race!
Anyone know if the Tyrolsport Subframe Dead-Set Bushings will fit on the WALK? I have them installed now and they work great, would hate to have to take 2 of the 6 out to fit this in order to adjust caster.. I definitely have some camber after dropping the ride, and would hope for the WALK to fix it..

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Anyone know if the Tyrolsport Subframe Dead-Set Bushings will fit on the WALK? I have them installed now and they work great, would hate to have to take 2 of the 6 out to fit this in order to adjust caster.. I definitely have some camber after dropping the ride, and would hope for the WALK to fix it..

They make a specific kit for WALK users. You'll have to choose that option when you check out. Its $10 extra.