GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Regional Forums > Southeast

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 01:23 AM   #43
arcboy2006
FIA GT Champion
 
arcboy2006's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Platinum Grey GLI
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 1,073
You guys been to novitech before how's their work, I been going to USP but they are a little far at times.
__________________
#becausestock
arcboy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:33 AM   #44
R3vo_0816
Rally Car Champion
 
R3vo_0816's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 GTI
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida
Posts: 326
Sooo... Rolling shots?
__________________
Revo Stage 2/ Neuspeed P-Flo/ DG Short Shifter/ APT DP/ Airlift V2 Air ride/ 3SDMs .005/ LED Tails /Stickerz

Follow me on IG: tio_ivez
R3vo_0816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #45
chino246
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
chino246's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VW GTI 4-door DB DSG
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcboy2006 View Post
You guys been to novitech before how's their work, I been going to USP but they are a little far at times.
Novitech does good work. A bit less expensive than USP and I feel they get things done a bit faster also. I've had a few things done at USP and while the work has been good, I spent a couple hours there both times. I've only been to Novitech twice (to mount tires on new wheels and back to take them off) and I waited about 20 minutes.

Both I feel are good shops though.

Novitech tends to promote Revo over APR (although they do both). I'm still going to go with APR though.

There is also German Motoring by US1 and 32nd street? and Wolfcars in Doral, but I haven't had anything done at these shops.
__________________
2011 4-door Black - DSG- APR Stage 2 - APR Carbonio 1+ 2 - SPM Custom TBE - Koni Coilovers - OEM LED Tailights - Ed's Xenon Reps Version 1.0 - Badgeless Grille - Uber Stealth Subwoofer - Hankook Ventus V12
chino246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #46
chino246
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
chino246's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VW GTI 4-door DB DSG
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3vo_0816 View Post
Sooo... Rolling shots?
What time you guys planning on rolling out that way?
__________________
2011 4-door Black - DSG- APR Stage 2 - APR Carbonio 1+ 2 - SPM Custom TBE - Koni Coilovers - OEM LED Tailights - Ed's Xenon Reps Version 1.0 - Badgeless Grille - Uber Stealth Subwoofer - Hankook Ventus V12
chino246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #47
arcboy2006
FIA GT Champion
 
arcboy2006's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Platinum Grey GLI
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 1,073
Chino who do you recommend for me to use for an S3 intercooler install?
__________________
#becausestock
arcboy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #48
chino246
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
chino246's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VW GTI 4-door DB DSG
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcboy2006 View Post
Chino who do you recommend for me to use for an S3 intercooler install?
If I had to go with shop appearance I'd probably go with USP only due to the fact that the work area is large and seems a bit more "up to date." Novitech is pretty narrow. but liks I said, USP takes a while to get things done (atleast my experiences with them). I'd also get quotes from Wolfcars and German Motoring just to see...

I also know someone who may be able to install that for you at a cheaper price than either shop. He's a certified VW Mechanic and does a lot of work for the Dub Cartel guys. He installed my coilovers for very cheap. If you want I can ask him and get back to you via PM. Let me know.
__________________
2011 4-door Black - DSG- APR Stage 2 - APR Carbonio 1+ 2 - SPM Custom TBE - Koni Coilovers - OEM LED Tailights - Ed's Xenon Reps Version 1.0 - Badgeless Grille - Uber Stealth Subwoofer - Hankook Ventus V12
chino246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #49
arcboy2006
FIA GT Champion
 
arcboy2006's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Platinum Grey GLI
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino246 View Post
If I had to go with shop appearance I'd probably go with USP only due to the fact that the work area is large and seems a bit more "up to date." Novitech is pretty narrow. but liks I said, USP takes a while to get things done (atleast my experiences with them). I'd also get quotes from Wolfcars and German Motoring just to see...

I also know someone who may be able to install that for you at a cheaper price than either shop. He's a certified VW Mechanic and does a lot of work for the Dub Cartel guys. He installed my coilovers for very cheap. If you want I can ask him and get back to you via PM. Let me know.
Yea your right, but yeah let me know about that mechanic how much for intercooler install.
__________________
#becausestock
arcboy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #50
jorgeecolina
Banned
 
Drives: GTI Mk6 Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcboy2006 View Post
You guys been to novitech before how's their work, I been going to USP but they are a little far at times.
I did my ECU flash, Vag-com mods and Euroswith instalation with USP Motorsports, they know their shit and that's for sure, they are my first option, but sometimes they're PRICEY!!! Example: They charge me $114 to remove and install my ECU for the APR flash (Not bad if you ask me) but when i ask how much they charge me to install my DG springs the quote was $630.00

Then i went to Novitech Tuning and they charged me $325.00 including the alligment for my wheels and Xenons. They did a pretty good job. For me both shops are very good. Can't GO wrong with any of both! Good luck!

Last edited by jorgeecolina; 07-28-2012 at 05:44 PM.
jorgeecolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #51
chino246
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
chino246's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VW GTI 4-door DB DSG
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgeecolina View Post
I did my ECU flash, Vag-com mods and Euroswith instalation with USP Motorsports, they know their shit and that's for sure, they are my first option, but sometimes they're PRICEY!!! Example: They charge me $114 to remove and install my ECU for the APR flash (Not bad if you ask me) but when i ask how much they charge me to install my DG springs the quote was $630.00

Then i went to Novitech Tuning and they charged me $325.00 including the alligment for my wheels and Xenons. They did a pretty good job. For me both shops are very good. Can't GO wrong with any of both! Good luck!
Yea, I remember seeing a mk6 at USP a while back that I over heard was going to have Koni coilovers installed and I asked what they charged and it was somewhere in the $600 range!...lol I had Koni coilovers installed for much less than that.
__________________
2011 4-door Black - DSG- APR Stage 2 - APR Carbonio 1+ 2 - SPM Custom TBE - Koni Coilovers - OEM LED Tailights - Ed's Xenon Reps Version 1.0 - Badgeless Grille - Uber Stealth Subwoofer - Hankook Ventus V12
chino246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #52
chino246
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
chino246's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 VW GTI 4-door DB DSG
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcboy2006 View Post
Yea your right, but yeah let me know about that mechanic how much for intercooler install.
I'll PM you his number. I texted him so he's aware of the inquiry.
__________________
2011 4-door Black - DSG- APR Stage 2 - APR Carbonio 1+ 2 - SPM Custom TBE - Koni Coilovers - OEM LED Tailights - Ed's Xenon Reps Version 1.0 - Badgeless Grille - Uber Stealth Subwoofer - Hankook Ventus V12
chino246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #53
arcboy2006
FIA GT Champion
 
arcboy2006's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Platinum Grey GLI
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL
Posts: 1,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by chino246 View Post
I'll PM you his number. I texted him so he's aware of the inquiry.
Thanks
__________________
#becausestock
arcboy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:43 PM   #54
MMM.PWR
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
MMM.PWR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STI Limited
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 663
I thought the GTI had torque stock. Wrong. That's all I'll say.

Rolling shots must be done in the day so will have to be on a weekend for sure. On a long smooth road with little / no cars around.
__________________
Keeping it stock. [Who am I kidding?]
MMM.PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #55
jorgeecolina
Banned
 
Drives: GTI Mk6 Autobahn
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM.PWR View Post
I thought the GTI had torque stock. Wrong. That's all I'll say.

Rolling shots must be done in the day so will have to be on a weekend for sure. On a long smooth road with little / no cars around.
Let's get this DONE GUYS!!!! Somebody knows a good spot to take the pictures? I will love ones on the bridges between Downtown and South beach with the buidings and palm trees as a background...
Sunday, August 19 sounds good? Who's going FOR SURE? Send me PM so i can put your name in this list...

1. Jorge Colina
2. MMM.PWR
3. Arcboy2006
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

Last edited by jorgeecolina; 07-31-2012 at 08:10 PM.
jorgeecolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #56
MMM.PWR
FIA World Rally Car Champion
 
MMM.PWR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 STI Limited
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 663
can't do the 26, maybe the weekend before
__________________
Keeping it stock. [Who am I kidding?]
MMM.PWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
#assman, chiami, chicago chat 2.0, chicagorlando, dubpl8 hates florida but, florida boobs, man he loves cock, med ah no chay, tsi guy is florida

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.