GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Appreciate the response, the suspension on the GT is lowered by 15mm (I believe the ride height is the same as the GTi / GTD).

Are you running 18"s? Everywhere I have read online since buying them has suggested that moving to 18 from 17 is blasphemous, I understand that performance will be slightly different I just can't envisage the ride getting "much worse" etc.

Am excited to get them on though!

I had 18x7.5 ET51 wheels with 225/40/18 tires stock. And now I have 18x8.5 ET35 wheels with 225/40/18 tires and I'm on air. As long as you're not adding a bunch of weight by switching to larger wheels/tires and you don't mind a slightly bumpier ride you won't notice much of a difference. If you aren't tracking your car than you don't need to be overly concerned with having the lightest wheels possible.

Plasmamuffins

Passed Driver's Ed
I had 18x7.5 ET51 wheels with 225/40/18 tires stock. And now I have 18x8.5 ET35 wheels with 225/40/18 tires and I'm on air. As long as you're not adding a bunch of weight by switching to larger wheels/tires and you don't mind a slightly bumpier ride you won't notice much of a difference. If you aren't tracking your car than you don't need to be overly concerned with having the lightest wheels possible.

You don't rub? I have the same setup but with coilovers and rolled fenders, and I rub sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
You don't rub? I have the same setup but with coilovers and rolled fenders, and I rub sometimes

when you roll your fenders are you supposed to do the hole thing or just a small part?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
Just the top part up until it separates into the body and the rear bumper

the guy who did mine only did a very small portion. not the top but more on the side closer to the front bumper. if the fender was a clock it would be like 10-11. I thought it would make sense to do like 10-2 if that makes sense

Rickybobbi

Ready to race!
the guy who did mine only did a very small portion. not the top but more on the side closer to the front bumper. if the fender was a clock it would be like 10-11. I thought it would make sense to do like 10-2 if that makes sense

don't mind my crap drawing but that's what he rolled

SirClimax

Ready to race!

I have not once rubbed on the fender. At full lock I rub a little on the inside fender liner (Next to the strut). My fenders are rolled and slightly pulled.

EuroHB

Ready to race!
Alright gonna give this a try.. been trying to find the best answer .

2013 mk6 trying to fit 18x9.5 et45 with a 225/40/18. I have a roller (fenders are rolled and slightly pulled in rear) also the screw mods has been done and the rear has -3 deg camber.

Car currently on air

18x8.5 et40 225/40/18

Thanks in advance ??

CMGTI

Ready to race!
How much poke in the front it will be if I go with 18x8.5 et35? They're VMR 710s. I know they have et45 as well but its a trade im working on. Thanks

Lowered on H&R SS springs.

Johnstephard250

Passed Driver's Ed
How much poke in the front it will be if I go with 18x8.5 et35? They're VMR 710s. I know they have et45 as well but its a trade im working on. Thanks

I have that exact set up (VMR V710s too, and mine was a trade too haha) and honestly I don't think any poke is visible at all. I can grab some pics later if you want. My fenders are rolled though, so I've never tried with regular fenders. You can check out my build thread or insta for more pics right now if you want.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I have that exact set up (VMR V710s too, and mine was a trade too haha) and honestly I don't think any poke is visible at all. I can grab some pics later if you want. My fenders are rolled though, so I've never tried with regular fenders. You can check out my build thread or insta for more pics right now if you want.

LOL small world. They're black, coming from an Audi owner. I still have the fender bolt as well. Closest place I can get them rolled is an hour away. If you can post pics of the poke will be great when you get a chance. I dont have an IG account lol. I'll check your build thread. Thanks John :thumbsup:

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I posted in your thread. I was looking at a VMR 705 et35 set at the time haha.

Plasmamuffins

Passed Driver's Ed

Im got that setup and the poke is just enough to rub like a mf if you're lowered. I got my fenders rolled but I'm gunna bring them somewhere to be pulled soon, otherwise I gotta trade out of it

Plasmamuffins

Passed Driver's Ed
I have not once rubbed on the fender. At full lock I rub a little on the inside fender liner (Next to the strut). My fenders are rolled and slightly pulled.

Im sorry, I meant to say the rear. The front doesn't rub at all, but the back rubs if I go over a big bump or I have people or things in the back

SirClimax

Ready to race!
Im sorry, I meant to say the rear. The front doesn't rub at all, but the back rubs if I go over a big bump or I have people or things in the back

My rears are very slightly pulled and there is some camber to avoid rubbing. Your issue could be not enough camber or too fat of a tire. Not all 225/40/18s are the same. tirerack.com has details about sidewall thickness and width on tires and they vary quite a bit for being the same size