GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BBS tt rs brake clearance

Roctre

Ready to race!
ch-r 19x8.5 et48 clear tt rs bbk by 2mm is that enough?
i own ch-r 18x8.5 et48 wheels. Will they clear rs bbk?
Not many 18s will clear the TT-RS brakes due to barrel design aside from spoke clearence so you would have to test fit them to see.

jebusfreek666

Ready to race!
Nope. Just had the same issue. The only thing you can do is make a mock up of the caliper/hub in cardboard and see how it fits. I just removed my TTRS brakes because I wanted to go with 17" summer/16" winter setup and there was no way that was fitting. When I bought the car it had the TTRS brakes and 18" wheels. Can't remember the brand, but I will let you know when I get a chance to look at them again. Will be selling all of it soon.

Nostalgic2010

Passed Driver's Ed
Another option I thought about was downsizing the rotor. There's a company in Europe that makes a caliper carrier that will fit the golf r/Tts rotor which is 345mm I believe. As a bonus those rotors are much cheaper to replace and have way more aftermarket options.

playmaker1

so as i can understand the clearance of 18-19" wheels, same model and et size, is not identical. I read in golfvigti.com german forum than i need a 6mm spacer, does is a good idea or i will have vibrations? If i will repaint calipers, is caliper grinde a bad solution?

Nostalgic2010

Passed Driver's Ed
so as i can understand the clearance of 18-19" wheels, same model and et size, is not identical. I read in golfvigti.com german forum than i need a 6mm spacer, does is a good idea or i will have vibrations? If i will repaint calipers, is caliper grinde a bad solution?

A spacer shouldn't give you any problems. Just be careful if you are lowered a lot. I'm on dg and get no rub but if I was any lower it certainly would be a problem. And I guess you could grind the caliper down a bit but not something I'd want to do.