Banned
demand a new vehicle from VWoA.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Just be glad you didn't find a cigarette lighter in it. :thumbsup:

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
if it does happen to be this, op, mine failed at 58k... so quite possible

You win! They replaced the manifold due to "intake manifold variable control runner."

I went to the woodland hills, ca VW dealer and they are pretty good. Very professional and vacuumed my car and washed it. this was covered under the power train warranty so no $50 deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

vdubgirl23

Ready to race!
You win! They replaced the manifold due to "intake manifold variable control runner."

I went to the woodland hills, ca VW dealer and they are pretty good. Very professional and vacuumed my car and washed it. this was covered under the power train warranty so no $50 deductible.

sounds like deja vu lol

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
If that's all you have at 57K miles count youself lucky

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
It could be a lot worse you could be at 19K miles with K04 & all supporting mods and have mifires that cant be tracked down.

cranker1987

Ready to race!

My 2013 has 53K on it and the exact same story of the CEL going on out of the blue. The car had been largely problem free until now. Yesterday the CEL came on. I still had 50 miles go get home and then another 25 miles to get to the dealer today. The car seemed fine, if a little sluggish, but it still accelerated well. Anyway, the tech guy said that VW recalled, or automatically covered replacement for some VINs, but mine wasn't on the list. Since it is only a 2013, he is trying to get VW to cover the replacement. I'm still waiting to hear back from them. In the meantime, they gave me a loaner Jetta before I could even ask for one. He claimed it would not be problem once it is replaced. (not a fan of the Jetta's 1.8, btw. It is okay, but would take some getting used to after a GTI).

Rascal

Ready to race!

cobie56

Ready to race!
You let them wash your car?!! :yikes:

ha ha.. i thought i was the only one... they ALWAYS wanna wash my car and i'm like 'no, don't touch it!" I don't even use a towel to dry it... i use a metro blaster air thingy... i don't want any swirls or scratches at all... and yes, i know im a bit anal about it but i like it clean and shiny in and out.