GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine Shaking - All Cylinders Misfiring - w/Video

Ugene55

Ready to race!
(quick recap: this is my second engine on this car. First engine died due to oil starvation (had 74k miles). Bought a used engine from an '11 Tiguan with 58k miles. Car ran beautifully for 1,000+ miles and started having problems with engine shaking and misfires.)

I posted a thread a while ago about my car having issues with engine shaking, misfire codes, etc. A few members thought this was a timing issue due to the symptoms of the issues. I had a mechanic friend do a quick test on the timing and we ruled out timing since the camshafts were parallel when put into DTC mode.

The problem (for that time being) turned out to be a loose Crankshaft/Speed Sensor (the sensor was not fully fastened/clipped on when we were installing 2nd engine). After we properly fastened it, the car started up smooth--no shaking this time. Since the time we fastened the sensor, I haven't driven the car yet. Today (1 week later) I start the car and I have the same issue: engine shaking and RPM's are jumping around.

Could this be a dead speed sensor? I replaced the speed sensor from my old engine and the same problem persists; maybe i just need a new one. So far VagCom is giving me Misfire codes in all 4 cylinders AND a weird code I havent seen before:
'Address 1C: Position Sensing
Cannot Be Reached'

Here is the video of the car when idle, little bit of throttle and revved to 2k RPMS (which is when the shaking stops)
http://youtu.be/9lh2raQi6aU
(Turn up the volume and increase quality to HD and you can hear the engine sound)

Replaced parts so far:
1. Ignition Coils
2. Spark plugs
3. New battery
4. Crankshaft/speed sensor replaced from old engine.

Any advice would be HUGE help. Thanks guys!

Last edited: