GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got hit with road debris, now thinking about a dash cam

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Have a link to particular seller? I see Spy Tech and VIOFO, on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MFAK888

They are made by VIOFO.

some of those amazon reviews are just ridiculous though but read through they are pretty funny if you look at them with any logic. Like some people give it one stare because it shoots in 1080p where the old camera shot in 2k but if they read the literature about it they stepped it down to 1080p and increased the lens to add better detail and light intake for night driving and the 1080p camera actually looks sharper and cleaner than the 2k camera(again cause by people not reading). One guy goes on and on about "hot pixles" but i cant see crap in his photos about what he is talking about even when he circles them... just someone being quite anal.

i love reading amazon reviews they are so wild at times.

Jaber

Modero
Thanks.

Just saw a video comparing A119s to this one, VICOVATION OPIA2. But its twice the cost.

lukesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Got the yi dashcam a few weeks ago and it does the job well.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

elcid86

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been thinking about something like this.

nagokart

Ready to race!
I have the A118 and it has been great. I like the low key design. Make sure to get the capacitor version of whatever you decide to go with.

Yakuzi

Ready to race!
Is there a dash cam out there that runs on its own rechargeable battery? (like a go pro)

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Is there a dash cam out there that runs on its own rechargeable battery? (like a go pro)
maybe but it probably wouldnt last long. My go-pros maybe get 2-3 hours max life.. and thats on low quality video if i record in 2k or something id be lucky to get over 1.5 hours

Jaber

Modero
maybe but it probably wouldnt last long. My go-pros maybe get 2-3 hours max life.. and thats on low quality video if i record in 2k or something id be lucky to get over 1.5 hours

I'd also worry about heat, during the hot summer.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'd also worry about heat, during the hot summer.

and theft leaving a go pro or equivalent camera stuck in the windshield(draws a lot of attention) VS the sleek hidden dash cams of today which are barely noticeable.