GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone ever remove the headliner in our car?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
So I went to remove my sun visors to do the mod of the sticker, and I found the connector is not visually seen and tugging on the wire does not help at all. Also found the mount for the visor loose. LOL. Also this might explain why my sun visor light has never worked on the driver side. It may be jammed in the roof or damaged when it was asssembled. So I gave up on that for now.

Wanted to know who here has removed it, and what is required on this car to do it, so I can at least access the wires on that side and may need to fix/repair them?

Killswitch24

Ready to race!
From my experience, removing the headliner won't give you access to the wires/connector. They are located in a passage in the actual roof frame. If you cant fish them out with a hook or something, you're only other practical option is to run a wire overlay up the A-pillar or something.

Bird

Ready to race!
sounds like if your light has never worked that you should take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. 2011, you should have warranty still, right?

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. but I don't want them ripping my roof apart either. This dealer has screwed up more things than fixed. :(

htowncoupe

Ready to race!
im also still trying to find info about removing the pillars and headliner

lon888

Ready to race!
Shoot me a PM and I'll email you the instructions for removing the headliner.

1stEuroRide

Ready to race!
Op, not another dealer in driving distance? Just Incase YOU mess something else up in the process your not spending more money.

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
One of my dream projects is to do the headliner in interlagos plaid!

htowncoupe

Ready to race!
ive noticed that plad and any other fabric that has a symmetrical or even pattern doesnt loot that great unless you do it flawlessly