GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Downpipe Reducer

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone know the exact size I need?

My friend and I are fabbing a midpipe for a Downpipe that I have and I want to make sure the reducer we put on fits the OEM catback.

I'm aware of the ones on ECS and the APR one, I was looking at a stainless one on ebay. Don't want to buy APR, and the ECS one is more expensive than I expected with the shipping.

Is the inner diameter on the OEM catback 2.5"? 2.37"? I know the tubing is typically 16 gauge.

My Flickr!

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I think OEM is 2.37" I have the APR downpipe, and bought the 3" to 2.5" reducer... it's too large on the OEM size. I guess I'll have to pay for APR one for perfect fit...

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah I'll get it for you it's cheap.

Also, I think I may clamp mine..it should work fine that way right?

My Flickr!

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
I have a 3" OD we plan to weld to the pipe, and then a 2.5" ID which is what they sell on ECS so I figure it's right

My Flickr!

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I have a 3" OD we plan to weld to the pipe, and then a 2.5" ID which is what they sell on ECS so I figure it's right

My Flickr!
Give it a try first, I haven't try the 2.5" ID yet, so it might fit. But you will need t o use a clamp instead of the OEM band clamp since OEM is 2.37"

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie

My Flickr!

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
Think so too... I just get thrown off that's it's for CC

My Flickr!

yea I just chat with the ECS guy online. He said this might fit fine. I will buy it later to see if its all good or not. But the only thing stopping me from buying is the crazy high ECS shipping rate... $12.xx to ship to my house... total is $25.xx :yikes:

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
I just bought it. I'm over searching for similar shit on the internet lol