GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issues with buying a used GAIC extreme K04?

///Audience

Ready to race!
I found an excellent priced k04 but the owner was running the GAIC extreme file on it. Is this a major red flag? The turbo appears to be in excellent shape cosmetically.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Same as any other K04 that is been installed to run hard and beat it to death, worst case scenario the OEM N75 valve & that one is cheap to source. You should be good.

TheCastle

Ready to race!
From reading Giac extreme file website. It looks like they run the turbo a little harder in the surge zone than some, but peak airflow is about the same as APRs. So they make their extra power by timing since they are using 104 octane + w/m for the extreme.

I'd not worry about it being worse for the turbo than other tunes. Remember, turbo wear is about how much surge it sees, operating temps, how hard it's run, oil change intervals, etc.

Personally other than harder in the surge zone it should be fine.

///Audience

Ready to race!
From reading Giac extreme file website. It looks like they run the turbo a little harder in the surge zone than some, but peak airflow is about the same as APRs. So they make their extra power by timing since they are using 104 octane + w/m for the extreme.

I'd not worry about it being worse for the turbo than other tunes. Remember, turbo wear is about how much surge it sees, operating temps, how hard it's run, oil change intervals, etc.

Personally other than harder in the surge zone it should be fine.

Thanks man, that's just the information I was looking for