GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying new wheels.. Help !!!!

audibimmer

Hey guys!
I'm in the market for a set of new wheels for my GTI, I have a good idea of the type of wheel I want but I have no experience when it comes to fitting them.

ECS has these 3SDM 0.01 wheels that I really like but it says "Aggressive enthusiast fitment. Fender rolling and slightly stretched tires may be required depending on suspension configuration" I noticed a lot of wheels if not most say the same thing on the site. Heres the specs..
18"x9.5"
Offset: 40mm
Center Bore: 73mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x112

How would this fit on my car? I plan to lower it on springs 1-1.5 inches. I originally wanted 19's but a lot of guys are saying the ride quality sucks. Can someone help me out??

madbikes

Ready to race!
Neuspeed may have something if you are not aiming for something aggressive that looks decent (wheel sticks out to as close to fender as possible that sort of thing).

https://www.neuspeedflowform.com/collections/vw-audi

Others are going to have a better idea than me, but you will most likely need to roll the fenders at the very least depending on your tire size

Roctre

Ready to race!
Hey guys!
I'm in the market for a set of new wheels for my GTI, I have a good idea of the type of wheel I want but I have no experience when it comes to fitting them.

ECS has these 3SDM 0.01 wheels that I really like but it says "Aggressive enthusiast fitment. Fender rolling and slightly stretched tires may be required depending on suspension configuration" I noticed a lot of wheels if not most say the same thing on the site. Heres the specs..
18"x9.5"
Offset: 40mm
Center Bore: 73mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x112

How would this fit on my car? I plan to lower it on springs 1-1.5 inches. I originally wanted 19's but a lot of guys are saying the ride quality sucks. Can someone help me out??
Those will poke out without camber front and back plus you would need to do at the least fender roll and some slight pulling, https://www.ecstuning.com/b-3sdm-parts/18-style-001-set-of-four/3s1881ckt/
Will fit without any problems just run a 225/40/18 tire which is stock. If you do rub when you lower the car just do the fender screw mod and it will get rid of the rub.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Fitment that brings it out almost to the fender and allows for 235 tires would be 18x8.5 +45

Really depends what you are going for. The fitment you posted is more stance. Form>function