GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
"damn wippersnapper kids playing in the snow outside being all loud and using witchcraft snowball maker contraptions. back in my day we used to hand pack our snowballs and we'd aim for the face. "

It's true, we did.

Anyone remember skeeching?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
nice title! :clap:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Lightweight and not that slow son.

:eek:

id like to go karting again soon. k1 they told us no more gopros allowed...probably some incident caused it to be banned. :iono:

Also last time went karting, wish i wouldve swapped out to my non mirrored visor. #dark :lol:

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
id like to go karting again soon. k1 they told us no more gopros allowed...probably some incident caused it to be banned. :iono:

That sucks.... *shrug*

We haven't been to K1 in a while. Jr. got frustrated with their leagues... a couple families started becoming regulars that thought it was "demo derby"... my son, and the former regulars (all good kids with cool parents) quit attending after getting "taken out" too many times... with the parents cheering them on in the process.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I've had a few bad experiences at k1 lately too. Mostly with the employees cutting the power down on the karts and making it really boring. If any of their buddies want to go drive they turn their karts way up and everyone else way down. In Addison I'm fairly consistent on both tracks, when I start running 3 seconds slower than I normally do and the kart feels like a dying dog, that ruins the whole point of going for me. Complete waste of money.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I've had a few bad experiences at k1 lately too. Mostly with the employees cutting the power down on the karts and making it really boring. If any of their buddies want to go drive they turn their karts way up and everyone else way down. In Addison I'm fairly consistent on both tracks, when I start running 3 seconds slower than I normally do and the kart feels like a dying dog, that ruins the whole point of going for me. Complete waste of money.

Yeah that's happened to me the last couple times I've gone there too, now that you mention it.

The karts will be TOTALLY uneven, even within the same heat. I'll find myself getting motored by guys I'm otherwise significantly faster than... when they should all more or less hit the same top speed (and with me carrying WAY more corner speed exiting the turn than the guy in front of me... how/why is he PULLING AWAY by the end of the straight?)

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
In conclusion... I miss Chicago Indoor Racing.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Indoor kart place just opened near me in Byron Center. Same shit and they've only been open a few weeks.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
That sucks.... *shrug*

We haven't been to K1 in a while. Jr. got frustrated with their leagues... a couple families started becoming regulars that thought it was "demo derby"... my son, and the former regulars (all good kids with cool parents) quit attending after getting "taken out" too many times... with the parents cheering them on in the process.
Kids were ignoring multi 21 as well i heard :iono:

but yes encouraging dive bombing and bumping people out of the way does not make for a fun time. not to mention have you ever been rear ended in a kart? good way to hurt your neck . can speak from experience its a good 2 weeks to heal if you tweak your neck. :thumbdown:
yeah they definitely do crank em up and down .

If they linked the 2 courses like autobahn country club does for north and south, id pay alittle bit more and go on those nights.
Yeah that's happened to me the last couple times I've gone there too, now that you mention it.

The karts will be TOTALLY uneven, even within the same heat. I'll find myself getting motored by guys I'm otherwise significantly faster than... when they should all more or less hit the same top speed (and with me carrying WAY more corner speed exiting the turn than the guy in front of me... how/why is he PULLING AWAY by the end of the straight?)
^this

racing next to someone is exciting but it also makes for worse lap times which is the overall winner for the night.
In conclusion... I miss Chicago Indoor Racing.
id like to try autobahns outdoor karting this year honestly, might be fun :iono:
Indoor kart place just opened near me in Byron Center. Same shit and they've only been open a few weeks.
LAME

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Kids were ignoring multi 21 as well i heard :iono:

but yes encouraging dive bombing and bumping people out of the way does not make for a fun time. not to mention have you ever been rear ended in a kart? good way to hurt your neck . can speak from experience its a good 2 weeks to heal if you tweak your neck. :thumbdown:

The parents were actually screaming to their kids as they went by, "Take him out!" And when one of theirs took my son's friend Trevor out, they all cheered.

They weren't exactly "classy" if you catch my drift. Ratty, crooked teeth, etc.... the kind of folks that like racing "for the crashes".

We complained after 2.5 events (2 full events we got taken out in the final, and were taken out in qualifying on the 3rd event) and the manager there reviewed our results and said, "Oh yeah, you're right!" and "talked to" the kids.

Didn't work, still aimed to take others out. We didn't bother going back.

If they linked the 2 courses like autobahn country club does for north and south, id pay alittle bit more and go on those nights.

Like I said.... I miss CIR :(

I haven't been to Buffalo Grove since the K1 takeover - but at Addison, the way the pits are arranged, you can't join the two tracks anymore.

I remember doing several 100 lap solo and 300 lap team events at CIR Buffalo, where they combined the tracks. Was so much fun.

CIR used to be a place for *racers* to go have fun. Now it's a place where idiots go to "play on the go karts". Might as well be Santa's Village.

racing next to someone is exciting but it also makes for worse lap times which is the overall winner for the night.

Racing someone in a legit battle is killer - for 1st or last place.

Racing someone who you are CLEARLY faster than... but are down an insurmountable speed on the straights is NOT fun.

id like to try autobahns outdoor karting this year honestly, might be fun :iono:

It's bumpy but fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.