GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Toyo Extensa hp grip?

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I have them on the fronts (225/40/18) I don't think their grippy tires I tried launching the car at 2200 rpm and still get wheel spin. I'm lowered on Koni yellow w/ h&r SS, hpa red puck, 034 motorsport street density engine and trans mount. I'm sure they can be a tad better if you had ALK installed and a dog bone mount.

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
I have them on the fronts (225/40/18) I don't think their grippy tires I tried launching the car at 2200 rpm and still get wheel spin. I'm lowered on Koni yellow w/ h&r SS, hpa red puck, 034 motorsport street density engine and trans mount. I'm sure they can be a tad better if you had ALK installed and a dog bone mount.
Yeah grip is the problem I'm having. I've got a custom stage 2, it's an aggressive tune. I'm close 300hp and I spin my tires in a 3rd gear pull. I need grippy tires

Laimface

Ready to race!
I've found that Michelin Pilot Sport 4 or Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3 are good for grip!

CHerna

Ready to race!
I have these on my stock wheels. The grip sucks. My car would spin them when it was completely stock lol

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Disagree, there's many many options. People want the best of all worlds, longevity, all season, and good grip. You can't have all three.

Agreed, im probably going to looking into getting some indy 500, heard great things about them and their within my budget :happyanim:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've been reading really good things about Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. Tirerack has them right now for $102 for 225/40/18s. Meanwhile pilot super sports are $190 with the same size.

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been reading really good things about Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s. Tirerack has them right now for $102 for 225/40/18s. Meanwhile pilot super sports are $190 with the same size.
Someone just told me about the firehawks 2 days ago but they never used them before. Just heard good things. You know what the warranty is like?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Looks like kind of a weak warranty. At least compared to a tire like the PSS that has a 30k treadlife warranty. There's no treadwear warranty. Uniformity warranty is first 1/32" of wear, and the workmanships & materials warranty is 5 Years / Free replacement first 3 years, then prorated until 2/32" remaining depth.

For $100 a tire if they grip as well as people say, and the treadwear is also as good as I've heard, I wouldn't sweat it.

GtiDom25

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like kind of a weak warranty. At least compared to a tire like the PSS that has a 30k treadlife warranty. There's no treadwear warranty. Uniformity warranty is first 1/32" of wear, and the workmanships & materials warranty is 5 Years / Free replacement first 3 years, then prorated until 2/32" remaining depth.

For $100 a tire if they grip as well as people say, and the treadwear is also as good as I've heard, I wouldn't sweat it.
Yeah that doesn't seem bad, I'll have to give it a look. I feel like tires are really just a guessing game. It's hit or miss