GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R quality and problems, will it be like the GTI?

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
Of the list the only problem I have had
is the leaky rear washer nozzle. Seems to be only
when the weather is hot.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
wow the only "issue" is the leaking ass, and that has been mostly remedied, how is this a glaring "quality control" situation. :lol:

pdjafari

I hope brand loyalty and or being a brand 'whore' isn't cause for people to dismiss valid concerns. I will hopefully be picking up my 12 Autobahn tonight or tomorrow. Coming from a C63 which was flawless, no noises or leaks I'll be disappointed to have stupid annoyances prop up with my VW. It's my first VW and I was always paranoid regarding their reliability. However, I owned a 335 which was a disaster and then the C63 was amazing but I'm jumping into unknown waters with the VW. I didn't want to go Japanese as I owned a G35 and that car also had small annoyances....

I guess every car has some annoyance but it'll never allow me to justify it as 'OK' or 'not a big deal'. I'm spending 30k on a car than its a big deal to me....

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Yeah Mcqueen, exactly. And when you shut the doors or trunk, it feels kind of hollow and weak. My Mercedes had a heavy "Thump" and made it feel solid.

You can't even compare those two. Closing a door on a Mercedes is like closing a safe. I would say the VW is better than most Japanese cars I've experienced in that respect though, I do think that being German has something to do with it