GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #15
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@Unitronic View Post
Our multi-ply reinforced silicone throttle body hose is designed to support the supplied billet machined DV adapter and OEM DV only. Any additional weight on the re-reroute leg of the throttle body hose may cause adverse effects.
Has that been proven to be an issue? or is it that it 'could' be an issue?

The DV+ weighs next to nothing.
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:26 AM   #16
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
LOL at all of these reasons. The extra 2 ounces in going to totally rip apart your silicone hose.. And the Forge valves from back in the 1.8t days had adjustable springs, which were much harder than the tiny spring in the DV+.

And mechanical vacuum operated valves are great, but nothing beats the speed of electricity...
vwgti2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #17
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****2.0t View Post
LOL at all of these reasons. The extra 2 ounces in going to totally rip apart your silicone hose.. And the Forge valves from back in the 1.8t days had adjustable springs, which were much harder than the tiny spring in the DV+.

And mechanical vacuum operated valves are great, but nothing beats the speed of electricity...
Yea OEM is quick when its OEM not when there is a secondary spring holding it shut. Also the forge ones had multiple springs to tune it correctly, and the vacuum force is a ton more powerful than the electromagnet. Too heavy spring makes the forge slow too, and way to much flutter since it's not opening.

There may not be much weight added but the is a little and more so the heavy part the electromagnet is pushed outward putting more leveverage on the hose.

You can argue all you want it will never make the dv+ good or work properly. People do tons of stupid mods this is one of them but to each their own.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:35 AM   #18
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Drives: MK3 TTRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
Has that been proven to be an issue? or is it that it 'could' be an issue?

The DV+ weighs next to nothing.
No proven issues with the DV+, no. However, we have had 2 reported instances of the situation using another heavier billet DV, so just trying to ensure everyone is aware of the potential concern vs. what our kit was designed for.
John@Unitronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #19
jay745
Mod Flanders

I guess everyone including myself who have seen awesome results with the dv+ are wrong
Old 01-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #20
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:

I have simply provided one concern. The DV+ assembly weights .35 lbs (5.6 ounces) to be exact.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:40 AM   #21
rupertpupkin
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '12 CSG R
See my review.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showth...62#post2113362

All i know is of my 3 setups, the DV+ made the car run the worst. Now I am a stage 2 Uni Golf R and FSI, but just saying what my findings were on my specific car. Really well made nice piece, but made my car suck. Very odd that the BOV on mine is the best feeling setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-20T View Post
Its not "for no apparent reason" its because it does not operate like a true dv valve with the extra spring nor as intended.

You want your dv to react as fast as possible with the way the dv+ with the spring its not the case. It relies on boost to physically open thus its slow (its like no hooking up vacuum lines to a pneumatic dv in a sense or putting to heavy springs in it). Then because of that 100% of excess does not pass through it. Both situations is why there is a DV in the first place....

My DV is adjust just enough so that it holds boost and therefore its instant blowoff, it will blow off before the TB is fully closed.

Everyone is free to do what you want Im just putting it out there, I wouldn't use it. If you must use it take the extra spring out so its like a normal dv, but at that point its pointless anyway.

To me a vacuum valve is a better solution which you could use on a relocate situation. At least its fast and will act like a dv should. You will loose the overboost safeguard the oem has but it operates better.

I believe there is a better solution out there if you don't want it to "leak" (maybe a loss of a few hp) but I wont spend the money to figure it out since I don't use electronic anymore anyway.
rupertpupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #22
U-20T
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: BT GTI4Motion
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay745 View Post
I guess everyone including myself who have seen awesome results with the dv+ are wrong
Just providing what its actually doing, carry on, cause it really doesn't matter to me since I won't use one anyway.
U-20T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:49 AM   #23
vwgti2.0t
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2011 CW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by John@Unitronic View Post
I have simply provided one concern. The DV+ assembly weights .35 lbs (5.6 ounces) to be exact.
Good guess on my part then
vwgti2.0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #24
///Audience
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Autobahn
Wow this is excellent information guys. I added the DV+ because my DV leaked terribly at any sort of boost after stage 2. The DV+ undoubtedly made my car run better and cleaned up the sound notticably. I'm sure the DV relocate will also solve these issues for me so no reason to run both and be redundant.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:57 AM   #25
jay745
Mod Flanders

word guys. Everyone here is entitled to their opinion. And thanks for the naysayers for actually providing supported arguments rather than just dismissing a product for no reasons.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #26
John@Unitronic
GolfMK6 Official Vendor

Quote:
Good guess on my part then
Pretty close, for sure.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #27
09GTIJoE
FIA GT Champion

Drives: Sleep .:R
I am taking no sides, run what you think is best for your GTI, if the hose or something should fail, I hope owners of the relocate with anything "extra" don't start saying the hoses are junk, it only takes one bad event for everyone to start thinking there's will fail as well
09GTIJoE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:15 PM   #28
2013R
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
i ran that setup also. worked great for the short time i used it. made my blow-off sound crisper and faster when i added the relocation kit.
2013R is offline   Reply With Quote