GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011-2014 Water Pump Recall Incoming

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Mine shows up. '14 Wolfsburg. Had mine originally replaced at 10k and I'm now at 25k on that replacement pump.

I too am wondering if they made a newer revised one since. Or do I just wait until this one craps out?

Woa, we are awfully close in failure mileage and current, lol. Failed around 10k, currently sit at 21k on my 2014 with the replacement pump.

I'm thinking to just wait. If it ain't broke, maybe not fix it? Might get a crappy tech who ends up doing more damage than good during the repair. Might not worth the headache just yet. :confused:

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Just checked the website and no hit on my 2013. Called customer care to make sure and she assured me there was not one on my car at the moment. She did say it could be expanded though. Not sure if they are just looking at certain engine codes or not right now. I know in humble mechanics video the one he was looking at that had failed was a ccta engine. His video was made well before this notice though. Just turned 48k on my ccta this morning and seems to be no issue yet. Just out of curiosity. What engine code do you guys have that are showing up with the recall/service campaign listed for yours? I have the extended warranty through 100k so i would be covered anyway. This is a good thing that they are doing something about it though.

My engine is CBFA.

The Canuck

Ready to race!
2013 Drivers Edition - got the news that I qualify. Though due to ankle surgery, I won't be driving anywhere for another couple weeks. Guess I can make an appointment for them to inspect at that point.

Now I have had my coolant tank become completely empty, thinking it was the water pump failure, only to be told, the water pump was fine, and sometimes it just dumps all the coolant for no apparent reason. They refilled, and I have been fine every since. Still can't figure out how the entire coolant tank can drain itself for no apparent reason.

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
13 Wolfsburg MT => nothing yet here.

tsmack

Ready to race!
My 2014 CBFA showed up as needing action, but I do not plan to go to the dealership unless I absolutely have to. I would rather have them give me the parts and take it to someone I know I can trust.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Yep. Mine is live, too. Of course, the 1st one was replaced already at 9k miles. It's got 25k now, so maybe.............................

finklejag

Ready to race!
Sounds like this is one of those recalls for only those under 5 year power train warranty. It would make sense, since its not life endangering type of thing, so it might be too late for you and me.

Well that makes sense.

This is only a service campaign, so they will just check and see if it's leaking, if not you will be sent on your way. I would rather they extend the warranty like the intake manifold.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Well I will be making the drive to San Diego for BIG SoCal Euro in early September, which is about 150 miles.

Last year I was on my way home from that same event when mine went out. Luckily I had just made it home. Went back down to grab my luggage and there was piss everywhere.

So maybe this time i'll get the new one just before going down there.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
I hate when I see these water pump threads. Since this car is basically my only car I'll be SOL if this thing goes out. But I am glad to see the extension of warranty repair/replacing.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Just got my 5th water pump a few weeks ago (BG version).
Guess I'll wait a while for this - unless it is something I need to do soon for the campaign.

Also, what is a coolant punp?? [emoji57]

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Great news.

mmmoose

Ready to race!
Mine shows up. '14 Wolfsburg. Had mine originally replaced at 10k and I'm now at 25k on that replacement pump.

I too am wondering if they made a newer revised one since. Or do I just wait until this one craps out?

If you got it replaced at 10k on a 2014 model year, you have the BG revision pump then. That's the newest one. Unless of course this announcement deals with an even newer part number which has literally just been released... but I'd say the possibility of that is pretty slim. Until we see start seeing new posts pop up about a new part number, BG officially remains the newest part.