GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 GTI BOV

Guevara MKVI

Sup guys I just picked up the 2011 GTI and I'm already looking for upgrades..Cold air, exhaust, and chip..But I was also wondering if its ok to run a BOV on VW's..I read somewhere that it's bad for the engine..Just wanted to ask your guys opinions. My brother has an 06 GLI with a BOV and wanted to get one for my 2011.

TechnikSLR

Ready to race!
Sup guys I just picked up the 2011 GTI and I'm already looking for upgrades..Cold air, exhaust, and chip..But I was also wondering if its ok to run a BOV on VW's..I read somewhere that it's bad for the engine..Just wanted to ask your guys opinions. My brother has an 06 GLI with a BOV and wanted to get one for my 2011.

search for fucks sake!

Johnny

I'm Here for the Gangbang
You won't see much of a benefit to the BOV other than the sound (if that's your kind of thing), it's not bad for the engine either.

gkallis

Ready to race!
search for fucks sake!

do you really have to respond just to say that? i understand where hes coming from...u read different things online so you consult actually people just to get the right answer dont shoot him down for it.

TechnikSLR

Ready to race!
do you really have to respond just to say that? i understand where hes coming from...u read different things online so you consult actually people just to get the right answer dont shoot him down for it.

the issue is that instead of looking to find information he simply just asks. do some leg work. if you cant find it then ask. their are not different things online for the mkv and mkvi tsi motor, everyone will say dont run it because it causes lean issues while shifting. its been beaten to death.

Guevara MKVI

Been reading different peoples opinoins about the bov and hear it can cause problems with the ecu and most of them run the DV..

power-san

Ready to race!
If there was only one thread per topic, there would be a small number of threads..
Who cares if someone doesn't search, it shows they don't want to fuck around reading all night.. They just want a quick and dirty answer. I'm the same way.
I think the more threads about something the better.
FTW.