GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: AST4100 Coilovers - Brand new front lowers

lleron

Ready to race!
SOLD

I have a set of AST4100 coilovers for sale that have recently had the fronts rebuilt by AST in the Netherlands with BRAND NEW updated front lowers installed. I removed these from my car after the sway bar mount sheared off due to their old design not having a large enough tab/weld. This has been significantly beefed up in the new design (shown in a picture). They were sent to AST Netherlands and had the lowers replaced and were fully rebuilt for ~$750 total (I just got them back and can share the invoice). At this time I'm trying to save money for a wedding and the car is now my daily so would like to sell them instead. These are higher end coilovers that retail at ~$2450.

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog...swagen-golf-20t-tsi-gti-1014-p-150919134.html

They include the following (basically everything in the pictures):
-Rebuilt fronts w/ new lowers+OEM top mounts/bearing with <20k miles on the bearings
-280lb front swift springs
-350lb front hyperco springs
-250lb rear hyperco springs
-Rear shocks with ~20-25k miles on them still in great condition
-All tools including adjusters and socket cut to install top mounts

The hyperco springs were selected by the previous owner and I replaced the fronts with the swift springs for a slightly softer ride. The hyperco springs are a slightly larger diameter than the adjusters but I didn't have any problem with them on the car.

A few people have also been asking, these can be rebuilt in the USA as well. I had them rebuilt in the Netherlands as they gave me a slightly better deal for the full body replacement.

Last edited:

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I'd be on these, but this model has been redesigned and I don't know how it works with repairs and servicing them long term. Especially if they have to go to the Netherlands. 25k miles is a lot on the rear shocks too. Do they have the double digressive valve?

lleron

Ready to race!
I'd be on these, but this model has been redesigned and I don't know how it works with repairs and servicing them long term. Especially if they have to go to the Netherlands. 25k miles is a lot on the rear shocks too. Do they have the double digressive valve?

They don't have to go to the Netherlands, there are multiple rebuild centers in the US. They actually cut me a deal to replace the lowers at a lower cost than retail due to the failure but I had to send them to the Netherlands for that service (I would have paid full MSRP in the US which I believe is ~130euro/side just for the part so I still came out ahead even with shipping).

I believe they're single digressive. I'm honestly not sure of the miles, it may be lower but I was told there was ~12k on them when I bought them and I put <10k on them so said 25k just to be conservative.