GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interesting discovery

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Just curious, they refused to tell me details on mine as well. What are they charging you for the transfer?

mdefalco25

Ready to race!
APR stated 149. im planning to have it transferred so I can figure out what all it has. The fact that I have an intake makes me wonder if it will need to be have tune adjusted. Hopefully not. The biggest issue is the closet APR dealer is 2 hours away.

ides1056

Ready to race!
The tune doesn't void the VW warranty? My dealer made it pretty clear that were I to chip the car, VW would not honor the warranty w/r/t problems that might result.

mdefalco25

Ready to race!
Guessing they had no idea sice the CPO it on time of existing warranty. Since the TSI cover was on they likely didn't see the APR pump/sticker.

The tune doesn't void the VW warranty? My dealer made it pretty clear that were I to chip the car, VW would not honor the warranty w/r/t problems that might result.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
well before you go and pay 149, now is the time to decide if you want to go with another tuner. you'd have to go to the apr dealer once to get flashed back to stock, but you wouldn't be tied down to a dealer that's far away.

mdefalco25

Ready to race!
UM and APR are both 2 hrs away. Figure for 149 I'll check out APR and see how that suits me. Assuming it's a full transfer and I don't get stuck for a retune.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
UM and APR are both 2 hrs away. Figure for 149 I'll check out APR and see how that suits me. Assuming it's a full transfer and I don't get stuck for a retune.

St. Louis has Reid-Vann, that's about 2-2.5 hours from you.

Chicago is prob your best bet. Closer to you, and much bigger VW scene there, and more tuning shops it appears.

There is no need for them to "re-flash you to stock". You pay the xfer fee, they change the license over to your name, and then you'll know exactly what's on the car, and make sure you're on the latest version of the tune. Hope for Stage 2+ !!

Renner

Go Kart Champion
I gotta say this is the biggest scam in this tuning industry....the car was tuned and APR charges $150 to switch to someone's name...if the car is tuned the car stays tuned. Why do peope gotta pay to switch to their name, such BS. It not like if I buy another Mk6 I get to carry the tune with me to that one...fucking scammer they are.

mdefalco25

Ready to race!
Yeah, I know St. Louis has options, but I have family towards the Chicago land area and I'd prefer to work through Peter from e-fab if I'm going to just go with APR since it will save me some green up front. As far as hoping for stage 2+, since I don't have a DP on the car that won't matter at this time, but would come in handy down the road. I kind of feel like the previous owner had an exhaust on car before he sold it due to how clean this exhaust is and after the last Chicago winter there was plenty of salt put down. But who knows if he drove it.

As for transferring in my name and being good to go, that's what I assumed, but figured there was some catch for them to make even more money. Glad that's not the case.

St. Louis has Reid-Vann, that's about 2-2.5 hours from you.

Chicago is prob your best bet. Closer to you, and much bigger VW scene there, and more tuning shops it appears.

There is no need for them to "re-flash you to stock". You pay the xfer fee, they change the license over to your name, and then you'll know exactly what's on the car, and make sure you're on the latest version of the tune. Hope for Stage 2+ !!

crwchf505

Tune

Here's a question along the same lines....
I bought a 2012 R, upgrading from an 11 GTI. My local VW dealership bought the car from a VW employee and advertised as tuned. When I use the stock as read in the Apr manual online nothing blinks or happens. Can there be a single program that is always active and can't be switched to stock?

keihin

Instead of getting bothered about the $149 fee, look at it this way: you just a tune and an APR HPFP for $149. That's roughly a $1500 discount! :D