GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the Platinum Extended Warranty worth it?

decrescendo

Ready to race!
I bought a brand new CSG DSG 4-door Autobahn yesterday.

I ended up getting what I think is a good deal for the Platinum Extended Warranty. The finance person said I had until this afternoon to change my mind about this warranty if I wanted.

I think it's for 7 years/ 100k miles but I'm a little confused about it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth it?

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
from what i understand it will cover u no matter what... say you mod the car and the dealership voids the warranty... you can take it to a shop that accepts the extended warranty for repairs.. at least thats what i was told...

it is cheaper to buy now, rather than a little later.

I have the gold plus warranty until 6/ 72k miles.... with tire hazard protection. Cost me $1700.

I bought a brand new CSG DSG 4-door Autobahn yesterday.

I ended up getting what I think is a good deal for the Platinum Extended Warranty. The finance person said I had until this afternoon to change my mind about this warranty if I wanted.

I think it's for 7 years/ 100k miles but I'm a little confused about it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth it?

how much for it?

wutsupdoc1

Ready to race!
I got an extended warranty but not the platinum... It all depends on your situation really. Where you stand financially, how long you might be looking to keep the car, how you drive on a day to day basis, how you maintain your car...

For most people, supercoverage extended warranties aren't worth it. I've never had to repair something that cost me more than $1500, so a $1500 extended warranty is really not worth it. It's tough because the dealer shows you all these graphs and charts about how important it is to have it, but in the end, you really need to be honest with yourself about whether or not you think it will be worth it.

That being said, there are benefits to having it. God forbid if something does go wrong, you're covered. Just remember that dealerships, on average, make money off of selling people warranties, because in the end, people aren't really using those warranties anyway.

Up to you really :w00t:

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
yep u can get it any time... im bout ready to do it... there are shops in mexico that will honor it and since ill be moving there in august......

I got an extended warranty but not the platinum... It all depends on your situation really. Where you stand financially, how long you might be looking to keep the car, how you drive on a day to day basis, how you maintain your car...

For most people, supercoverage extended warranties aren't worth it. I've never had to repair something that cost me more than $1500, so a $1500 extended warranty is really not worth it. It's tough because the dealer shows you all these graphs and charts about how important it is to have it, but in the end, you really need to be honest with yourself about whether or not you think it will be worth it.

That being said, there are benefits to having it. God forbid if something does go wrong, you're covered. Just remember that dealerships, on average, make money off of selling people warranties, because in the end, people aren't really using those warranties anyway.

Up to you really :w00t:

problem is that VW bumper to bumper warranty is only 3 years.... most people here will keep their GTIs for at least 5-7 years... I can't see myself w/out full coverage for 3 of those years after the regular warrranty expires... That's the cost og German engineering.... ahahahahah.

joeeee

Ready to race!
i got the 7/yr 70,000 miles (i think on the miles)

plus the gap insurance cause i put 0 down.

M3LO

Ready to race!
i got a good deal on the extended warranty. I plan on keeping this car for at least 5 years..and with the known issues of the DSG, I wanted peace of mind.

It was only $5 additional dollars added to my monthly payment..i couldn't refuse.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
i got a good deal on the extended warranty. I plan on keeping this car for at least 5 years..and with the known issues of the DSG, I wanted peace of mind.

It was only $5 additional dollars added to my monthly payment..i couldn't refuse.

I find that hard to believe because every $1k is $20 a month to your monthly. Unless you got your extended warranty for $250 then it isn't only $5 a month.

um...that sounds a tad low... sure they din't give ya just a powertrain extended warranty...??? (which is kinda useless since you already have a 5 yr/60k warranty on that...)