GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Centric ROTORS....

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
mikeydubs, you definitely need to call and get the correct rear rotors.

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
mikeydubs, you definitely need to call and get the correct rear rotors.
I called my dealership before I placed my order yesterday, gave them my VIN, and he said they were 282mm. I know some of the earlier models in 2010 were 286mm, then 282mm for some later 2010's, then 272mm for 2011+. I researched it forever because I couldn't even find 286mm rotors online.

Luckily I have a guy doing the job for me who's gonna charge me $50 per axle. I don't have some of those tools, and he's a mechanic for the police, so I'll leave it to him! I wouldn't mind watching so I could do it on my own in the future once I get some of the proper tools (triple squares, brake piston tool).

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
Hey mikeydubs, do you know if you have the Bosch calipers/pads? Trying to figure out if that is the difference.
Cheers

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I called my dealership before I placed my order yesterday, gave them my VIN, and he said they were 282mm. I know some of the earlier models in 2010 were 286mm, then 282mm for some later 2010's, then 272mm for 2011+. I researched it forever because I couldn't even find 286mm rotors online.

Luckily I have a guy doing the job for me who's gonna charge me $50 per axle. I don't have some of those tools, and he's a mechanic for the police, so I'll leave it to him! I wouldn't mind watching so I could do it on my own in the future once I get some of the proper tools (triple squares, brake piston tool).

I double checked and they did have two different part numbers for the rear rotors on 2010 GTI's. I guess it's one of those things car manufacturers do during the year.....change vendors and parts.

Hopefully, your mechanic has all those tools I mentioned above. Without them, it can be difficult to finish.

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
Hey mikeydubs, do you know if you have the Bosch calipers/pads? Trying to figure out if that is the difference.
Cheers

I'm not actually sure about that. I never really checked/noticed.

I double checked and they did have two different part numbers for the rear rotors on 2010 GTI's. I guess it's one of those things car manufacturers do during the year.....change vendors and parts.

Hopefully, your mechanic has all those tools I mentioned above. Without them, it can be difficult to finish.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll let him know but I'm sure he has it all.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Just got a similar set up. Got 127- drilled/slotted, kind of on accident. The rears were installed last weekend and getting the fronts this weekend. Looking forward to the improvement since I got Tyrol bushings and HPS pads. Will report back, since no one seems to mention that style (C-Tek?).

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I have used C-Tek brake pads before on other cars. They do quite well.