GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SSILVER88's Build Thread

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Thinking about selling the Golf R brakes I just picked up so I can go stage 1 sooner

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
US Millworks front plate mount

Mileage at time: 21.1k

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Received the 034 Motorsport's strut mounts, tools to install coilovers and CSG paint today :)

Also received my new helmet

Last edited:

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Received the 034 Motorsport's strut mounts, CSG paint, tools to install coilovers and my helmet today :)

Sounds like a fun weekend of installing, the way I read the last bit made me think you were going to paint the helmet CSG, would be interesting. What are you painting? Side markers, grill stripes?

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
I will be installing everything on Monday because I work the weekends.

I will be painting the side markers and rear vw badge background csg and the grille stripes gloss black.

The helmet is for fastivus and other track days

graveshb

Go Kart Champion
Also just to let you know, I've looked into painting my markers UG, and apparently they make a 2 stage clear coat that has a UV activated hardener capsel inside that you push a button on the bottom of the can right before application and shake well. I don't remember the exact video I learned that from, I'm on my phone now so I'm not going to bother finding it, but it's like 20-25 a can but gives professional results, or as close to professional results as you can get with rattle can. I'm going to use it when I get around to matching my markers.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
This is the paint I'm using for the basecoat and sealer

I also have a sandable primer going underneath it all

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Color matched side markers

Milage at time: 22.2k

Luckily I was able to leave the bulbs out without triggering a bulb out warning :)

Before

After

Last edited:

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Ssilver, you did the side markers yourself with those rattle cans from post #41?
Came out really nice

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Ssilver, you did the side markers yourself with those rattle cans from post #41?
Came out really nice

Yes I did. I am going to redo them though because I did not sand the primer perfectly smooth so there are some imperfections