GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SSILVER88's Build Thread

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Yes I did. I am going to redo them though because I did not sand the primer perfectly smooth so there are some imperfections

Sick. I definitly want to do this especially since its DIY. Whats the site you got the cans from? Thanks

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Sick. I definitly want to do this especially since its DIY. Whats the site you got the cans from? Thanks

The paint is from Automotivetouchup.com

I got the primer from autozone. It is just a sandable primer.

The only color you really need to get from Automotivetouchup.com is your car color. The gloss sealer and primer you can get elsewhere.

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Thanks guys :)

Now I have to go install my coils

EDIT: Coilovers going on tomorrow

Last edited:

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Coilovers FINALLY on!!!

Mileage at time: 22.3k

Sitting at 25" FTG all the way around. So far i'm happy with them :)

Before:

After:

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
How hard was the install? Any tips.

It was pretty easy. The toughest part for me was figuring out which way the screw turned. Opposite of a normal screw by the way. So for a while I was tightening it instead of taking it out. After that the insert itself is a pretty tight fit so you really have to jam it in there. Then I just screwed it in and the washer helped press it into place.

So far I've noticed wheel hop is non existent and gear changes are a little firmer. It's been great so far with barley any increased vibration (some on start up, in reverse and low rpm). One of the best mods you can do.

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
It was pretty easy. The toughest part for me was figuring out which way the screw turned. Opposite of a normal screw by the way. So for a while I was tightening it instead of taking it out. After that the insert itself is a pretty tight fit so you really have to jam it in there. Then I just screwed it in and the washer helped press it into place.

So far I've noticed wheel hop is non existent and gear changes are a little firmer. It's been great so far with barley any increased vibration (some on start up, in reverse and low rpm). One of the best mods you can do.

So to loosen the screw, go opposite? When screwing it back on, does it line up or do I need to worry about trying to line the screw up catching the dogbone?

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
So to loosen the screw, go opposite? When screwing it back on, does it line up or do I need to worry about trying to line the screw up catching the dogbone?

Yeah instead of turning it right (clockwise) to tighten it its the opposite. So turn clockwise to loosen and counterclockwise to tighten. I didn't have a problem aligning it. It just stayed in place but if it does move it is really easy to move back

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
Good choices. I have the same pads and motul fluid. Once the pads are warm from a spirited drive you are going to be very happy. Miles ahead of stock pads

ssilver88

Go Kart Champion
Good choices. I have the same pads and motul fluid. Once the pads are warm from a spirited drive you are going to be very happy. Miles ahead of stock pads

Last canyon cruise I did I start noticing fade with stock pads pretty early on in the 50 mile run. Heard these were pretty comparable to Hawk HPS pads