GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti turbo underboost P0299

Danecj10

Just recently my 11 gti starting being slow and i noticed that i was pushing 5lbs psi tops full throttle and in 4th gear going 40 id get 3lbs. ive been searching all over online to figure out problems. I tore into my car and noticed that i had a huge crack in my inlet pipe to intake manifold and i did a cheap fix for now seeing if that was the problem with some good old jb weld. still have the same problem going on. thinking it might be the n75, wastegate or blown turbo? i have the new upgraded dv installed 10k miles ago and i only have 53k on the car. or could it be my cat doing this also because i have the code coming on since the middle of winter. help?

-car is stock besides bsh race intake, mod exhaust with res and suitcase delete, and upgraded dv

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Is this part of power-train warranty? if so take it in.

Danecj10

i have no clue if it is covered by powertrain. Id take it to my local vw dealership but im not dealing with them anymore. all they care about is money and not your car. many problems with them. and i guess that would be a better start doing a pressure test. today i took out the upgraded dv and checked it out seems perfectly fine. im losin boost somewhere. i dont even hear the turbo anymore. i had a spacer in and took that out, thought that be the problem maybe because even not producing boost it would make the sound which is odd it has never done that before. it seems like im running mostly on the engine power with a hint of turbo but its just not there. and the day i noticed it i was driving home on interstate and i was pushing 2lbs with cruise on.. its always at zero when i have the cruise on if that means anything?

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
Any update on this?

Im having the same issue on my 2011 (CODE P0299). I have the piston type diverter valve so I dont think thatvis the issue.

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
I actually had the rev C (diaphragm). It was torn pretty bad. I got the Rev D from Eurosport Tuning in Oakville, Ontario for $80 CND.

Got my power back!