GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adams Polishes and The Junkman, Detail Clinic PA area!

09vdubgti

Banned
Every detailer at some point watched his videos, he is a legend in the detailing business. So come meet him live at Thompson Racing's detail clinic sponsored by Adams, and see him do a demonstration of his work along with using Adams Polishes products!!

09vdubgti

Banned
Ohh man would be nice to have some other dubs there, last year was a blast. Well have a good wedding party, open bar right?

09vdubgti

Banned
Well thats cool, but soccer games happen often. Detail clinics with the junkman happen once a year.

plus he promised me one on one time with him on my new polisher i bought.

09vdubgti

Banned
Meanwhile at the clinic on Saturday, I was given this bad boy to rub on:

It was actually in too good of shape to demo on, so I whipped around and used the Thompson "booty wagon" to demo on.

Here's what I found after shedding a little light on it. It had swirls, but it also had some holograms on it. Holograms are the tell-tell sign that a rotary was used on the paint:

After working a little magic on it, the holograms were gone and the swirls were pretty on their way to history.

Here's a shot of the new Thompson Racing beast. It had a sweet paint job on it.

Plenty folks showed up for the clinic and to buy stuff.

Salma Hayek and Jaime Pressly (My Name is Earl) showed up for some detailing knowledge. Okay, just joking! Actually, this is the passing of the torch with the last clinic's "Detail Darling of the Day" passing the torch to the new detail darling.

The only thing missing was me! I know, I'm such a dog!

Here I am showing the owner of that georgeous ACR the ways of the Junkman shine.

He picked up the technique like a duck to water. :thumbsup:

Then came the fun of the night. Victor had his Gen1 Viper at the first Thompson Racing clinic I did. There were some scratches around his gas tank that I had told him would require wet sanding in order to remove. He was not about to break out any sandpaper on his ride and continued to work the area with the PC to no avail. Well, I decided that during this clinic, those scratches would have to go.

Here's the ride in question:

And here's the damage:

So out came the sand paper and at it I went. For some reason, there were a lot of jokes going around at this time. I must have been in a giddy mood!

Here's the 2000 grit wet sanding damage:

Here's the final damage with 3000 grit. I had to alter the second photo in order to show that completely removing the damage is not always advisable, especially if you don't have a paint thickness gauge. Once I buff out the damage, you won't see any remaining damage anyway.

And now for the money shot:

from the junkman