GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dado's CW 2010 Golf 2.5L

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks brother! Would love to meet up — haven't seen you at any meets or Cars & Coffee on Saturdays! Come out and show face!

Thanks Philly! Preciate the compliments!!
Np man. My brother has a mkv rabbit and is in love with your build

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

davserbic

Ready to race!
Np man. My brother has a mkv rabbit and is in love with your build

Haha oh rad, I'm so inspired!! I had a MKV Rabbit before my MKVI - black too! Tell him to keep it up! Also have a APR Carbonio CAI for the 2.5L for sale if he's interested.

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha oh rad, I'm so inspired!! I had a MKV Rabbit before my MKVI - black too! Tell him to keep it up! Also have a APR Carbonio CAI for the 2.5L for sale if he's interested.
I'll ask him when i see him at work tonight

BuiltforSin

Ready to race!
Thanks brother! Would love to meet up — haven't seen you at any meets or Cars & Coffee on Saturdays! Come out and show face!

:thumbsup: I work most Saturdays so I'm never at C&C plus I'm not much of a car meet person. IMO they're kind of toxic. I'm down in the Museum District though so maybe I'll see you around!

PhillyDSG

Passed Driver's Ed
He said how much

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Little Emblem Action

Recently I posed a picture of my car on IG for Tooshie-Tuesday and someone wrote a comment regarding how ugly / hideous the rear emblem is when set on top of the standard black plastic housing. It really got me thinking!

It was something I hadn't usually considered before so I decided to do some research and see what I'd find regarding rear emblems. Seems like in the European luxury car market / sports car market, many cars have rear emblems placed directly onto the body rather than on top of some housing. Usually chrome or some sort of black, the emblem really pops with the contrast of the body color of the vehicle.

Our VW's are a bit different since we use the rear emblem as a door-latch mechanism! Though acceptable in function, not in form. Inspired by the images below, I decided to purchase a Klii Motorwerkes rear-badge vinyl insert to achieve the same or similar look.

Final results turned out spectacular! I think the rear end did clean up a bit more and streamline the overall OEM+ look. Slowly shaving away the look and feel of an ecobox.

Rear Emblem:

Inspiration:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!

Don't Lose Focus

Really really REALLY happy as to how things have been turning out lately. I've been trying to remember to focus on the end goal and not the immediate relief of doing something on whim or out of impulse. Lately I've been focusing on really delivering a higher, more premium feel to the car.

Some of the latest upgrades to look forward to:
  • OSRAM Xenarc LEDriving Headlights
    [*]Klii Works Rear Emblem
    [*]Carbon Fiber Wrap
    [*]Golf R Leather Interior Swap
    [*]Golf R Front Lip

Slowly but surely, the car is coming along. Went to a local park and shot these to share the new look. Hope ya'll enjoy.

Last edited:

davserbic

Ready to race!
That carbon interior trim is hawt

Tell me about it, love the look. Thanks dude! Wish I could find a higher-quality wrap though. Though MOST times glossy, every once in a while when the sun hits the wrap just right, it show's an orange peel texture rather than epoxy gloss. Rare but still enough from time to time to remind you it's flaw'd.

If anyone knows of a good, high quality, GLOSSY AS FUCK wrap, let me know.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
i dealt with the same issue with my carbon trip wrap - it DOES look super realistic though where it shines different depending on the light.

My suggestion (Which i am yet to try but am sure will work) would be a simple clear bra wrap OVER the wrap.

heres where i got mine - DEFINITELY not as glossy as in the pic (fucking marketing!!) but it is really good, at a glance it definitely looks real right down to the size of the twill and color
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-4D-5D-6D...elease-/182592933860?var=&hash=item2a83630fe4

in application:
20170604_184225.jpg

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I don't generally do cosmetic mods to my car, but seeing your car leaves me speechless. Your ride has got to be one of the best, if not "de best" and tastefully modded cars around.

Well done!

davserbic

Ready to race!

Itty Bitty Baby Feature

This past Friday I went to a local meet at a near-by mall to meet up with the local auto enthusiast crowd. Sadly, there was less than a handful of VW enthusiast there — all with Jettas. A few Audi's here and there but ultimately, it was a domestic run meet.

Scanning around for something that would peak my curiosity, my attention turned to this beautiful sunset on the other end of the parking deck where the meet was taking place. I whipped out my new DJI Osmo Mobile gimbal and attempted to capture some quick shots of the car during the sunset.

This is my first attempt at video — meaning first time shooting video AND editing for final. I'm not familiar with automotive photography so I don't really know which angles work best or what shots are typically included in the list so I just tried to base on some videos I remembered liking on Instagram.

Here is the end result – suggest you view on YouTube or if you're lazy, you can click below and watch the small version.