GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 07-11-2017, 01:47 PM   #1
TRORMUH

Drives: MK6 Golf GTI 2.0L 210BHP
Rear Right Indicator Dimmer than Left

Hi Guys,

Got this issue and now sure how it's come about nor how to fix it.

The rear right indicator is dimmer than the left, however the break lights are the same strength on both sides. All of the individual LED's are the same strength too so it's not as if some LED's need replacing.

I switched both lights around to see if it was the power connector but nothing changed, the rear right indicator was still dim.

I can't seem to find a model number on the lights. They have 'Sonar' all over them but I can't seem to find the model online either.
But these are the light here: http://www.ebay.co.u...738.m2548.l4275

Have a look here: http://imgur.com/a/6gKpW

Anyone have any idea? I'm not sure if its a fuse, nor where to go to replace it.

Thanks in advance!
TRORMUH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:26 PM   #2
Noodle
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
No clue on how to help but thats why you shouldnt get crappy aftermarket taillights, Depo or Ed's tails are alright but nothings better than oem. *Shameless Plug* Im selling oem taillights for $100

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:39 AM   #3
Carlosfandango
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2010 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
No clue on how to help but thats why you shouldnt get crappy aftermarket taillights, Depo or Ed's tails are alright but nothings better than oem. *Shameless Plug* Im selling oem taillights for $100

I agree that paying a bit more for the OEM lights pays dividends in the long run, I fitted OEM tails only a few months after buying ED's as the things started fading to an orange sort of colour and started letting in moisture, the OEMs have been faultless ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Carlosfandango is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dimmer, golf, lights, mk6, tail