GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noob here!

06gsxr1000

Go Kart Champion
Ok guys, So I have a BLACK car... and well as we all KNOW black sucks! haha... I love it but it sucks! I want to do a nice detail job! I had some swirls, had a detail shop detail the car get it back and well they seemed to burn the clear coat a little. NOT TOO BAD, but you can see the buffer marks. So Im never taking it to get detailed again! I will do it myself, but well I never did a actual detail before. Main thing I need help on is the outside... I never clayed before.. should I clay? What wax should I use.. I want it to get AS CLOSE TO NEW CAR again as I possibly can..... ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Thank you in advance guys!

I would prefer to not have to order the chemicals off line, but WORST case scenario I guess I can...

Diluted

Ready to race!
My car is black as well. Yes you should clay. I did mine for the first time last night and it's SMOOTH. I used the uber clay kit from Phil @ Detailers Domain.

For wax I use 1z Einszett Glanz.

You may want to look into a PC7424XP Polisher, Phil sells some kits with polish, pads, etc...

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
I would prefer to not have to order the chemicals off line, but WORST case scenario I guess I can...

Not possible to achieve what you want with OTC chemicals.

Adams is good, Menzerna Polishes are great too.

Step 1: Get a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher and Pads
Step 2: Wash car with an All Purpose Cleaner solution mixed in to strip old wax.
3: Rinse and dry
4: Claybar car with spray detailer or fresh wash solution
5: Wash car and dry
6: Tape trim and anything you don't want wax on
7: Use Polisher and Polish
8: Use a synthetic sealant allow to cure for 1-2 days
9: Apply glaze or wax by hand

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Autogeek.net

Good place to get pointers on detailing your car (how to clay, differences between a wax and sealant, etc.).

Yes, you can get most of your stuff via brick and mortar retail shops (autozone, wally world, etc.) and do a pretty decent job. Some of the "better" stuff is more online based for the most part depending on what quality you are going for, but you can get really good results with a lot of the stuff in stores. Good luck man :thumbsup:

Diluted

Ready to race!
By cure you're saying don't apply anything else until 1-2 days has passed correct?

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Pretty much. You don't need to really apply anything after a synthetic sealant but you can if you want. Just let it bake in the sun for a day or so.