GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your Top Speed?

C4L

Banned
The (stock) North American GTI is limited at 120 mph. The most I could get it to do was 122 mph. Held it at that speed for over a mile, and could actually feel the limiter kick in. No difference in 5th or 6th gear.

This is untrue. ALL OE US SPEC VW's are limited at 129mph.

I have heard that unrestricted the GTI will hit about 145/146.

ImmI

Ready to race!

MKVI_noizsky

Ready to race!
145 MPH

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
I've hit 155mph before bymyself lol.

This videos was with 2 passengers both 240lbs+ including myself another 200lbs with some stuff from Chicago lol. So my car weight was probably close to 4000. Bymyself its a shit load faster haha.

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
:lol: that made me spit out the water that was in my mouth. lol.

RioGrandeValley

Ready to race!
125 in TDi kept it floored for a long long time while cutting thru AZ desert. Heck even at those speeds car was getting mid 30s in MPG. Must say I absolutely LOVE the CA and NV desert desolate stretches of hwy. Also beautiful autobahn type roads leaving Lake Tahoe while heading south to Vegas OMG talk about wide open! Other than that over all top speed 170 in a 997 GT2.

Tomato

madbikes

Ready to race!
I have had my Golf up to 135mph on the way home. I was cruising at 70 & just decided to open it up a little bit. I floored it in 5th gear, the acceleartion was very impressive for the 5 cyl engine.

The 2012 ratio is nowhere near as impressive. Seemed like it's running out of steam after 3000rpm in 5th.

C4L

Banned
149/150 actually. Not bad at all.

140mph is pretty standard for most cars these days. Accord can hit 145mph+ too.

I would expect just about any CAR with more than 200hp or so to hit 140mph if given the chance these days. No telling how long that might take but 140mph isn't what it used to be.

I know when I hit the 100-120 range it feels like a good cruising speed. I have hit 100-110 with passenger who weren't the wiser and when I told them how fast we were just going, they asked me to prove it...