GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turning in GTI Lease Early for 2013 GLI / tiguan

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
GTI/Golf front legroom, 41.2 rear 35.5

GLI/Jetta front legroom, 41.2 rear 38.1

So the Jetta is bigger in the rear.

Hope that helps. Jetta feels much bigger as well. Wider. At least to me, and I own both.

McQueen77

Banned
Passat V6 has a DSG actually :drool:

ah yes, right you are. well then even better, or not, depending on what you're looking for. some prefer the slush for ultimate comfort.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
The DSG is a bit slower in the GLI but the gearing is MUCH better, it chugs along at 2,000 RPM around 70mph.

Why is this? If the GLI is a GTI with a trunk, then what's with the radical change in gearing? And does the GLI get significantly better highway mileage chugging at 2,000 RPM?

Last edited:

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
Some parts probably feel cheaper because your GLI was assembled in Mexico, not Wolfsburg like your GTI was.

This has nothing to do with where the car was assembled. The cheaper parts and overall price of the latest Jetta are due to decisions by VW to make the car less expensive to purchase. The newer Jetta bears little relationship to the GTI.

I made a comment earlier about the Jetta being a Golf with a trunk, that was incorrect and refers more to the previous Jetta than the current model.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
At this point I would try to find B8 Audi A4.Still is an upgrade: Dsg,Space,Engine and you can k04 It as well with more torque I believe.Get a low miles used with all the goodies! I'm sure less hassle that a Tiguan with K04 and GLI.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I would get the new Accord over a Passat. Those things are nice. Or just keep your GTI and make the wifey learn manual.

turtul_turbo

Passed Driver's Ed
The MK6 GLI IS a GTI with a trunk...The Jetta is still built on the PQ35 platform, it's just stretched a bit more to increase the rear legroom. Most parts that would fit a GTI, fit a GLI.

McQueen77

Banned
I would get the new Accord over a Passat. Those things are nice. Or just keep your GTI and make the wifey learn manual.

i admit the new accords are nicer but im too much of a brand whore.. id get the passat. stylistically, it still looks nicer, IMO. and the accord has a CVT no? jaysus.. awful.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
i admit the new accords are nicer but im too much of a brand whore.. id get the passat. stylistically, it still looks nicer, IMO. and the accord has a CVT no? jaysus.. awful.

True. I would get manual either way so I guess my opinion is pointless here. I like the Accord looks, but it's subjective obviously. The Passat is kind of like a classy, modern but traditional sedan in my eyes where the Accord has a more contemporary style.

Nice to see someone admitting brand whoredom and not just blindly saying "passat is best" for no reason.