GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why does my sitting position feel so high in this GTI

WEBSTAR5

Ready to race!
Im 6'3 and I've had my gti for over two years. Im constantly adjusting the seats to find a better driving position every time I drive.

I think some of you had it right when you said the seating angle is to high.

I'm concidering getting racing seats to get my ass lower and increase the angle to support my legs better.

This really ruins the driving eperience for me.

seebee700

Well, I don't like it either.

To have the seat angle flat enough, I'm sitting too high.

That's how I've settled it for now.

Anybody retrofit electric seats to the base Golf?

Dan

corydd

Go Kart Champion
Before I bought my GTI I test drove an Abarth 500. Now THAT was a high seat in a small car.

Pmanpop

Go Kart Champion
yeah its not the typical legs parallel to the ground. I drove a 650 with the seat as low as possible and i almost couldnt see over the dash. Im 6'1":eek:

Mike A.

Ready to race!
Recently coming from an '11 Mustang 5.0 I feel the same way about the seat. Wish the front end of the seat bottom could be lowered like the rear. I've got it adjusted where I'm used to it but at first I felt like I was sitting up way to high or sitting in a hole if the back was lowered too much. Overall I loooove the seats though. Big improvement from the interlogos in my '07 GLI.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Acquire heeps of low and modify said seats

thez99

Go Kart Champion
My main thing with my seats is that they dont have thigh extensions to further support my legs like my prior 135i had, those were the best seats ive ever had in a car. Not to say I dislike the GTI's seats, I love them, Im just weird. My arms are kind of short so even though the wheel is pulled all the way out, because of how it is tilted, I have to stretch my arms to rest my hands on the top of the wheel while driving yet grabbing the lower part of the wheel I feel like my wrists are cramped. Cant pull the seat forward anymore as my legs are as close to the pedals as they should be, and I am sitting more upright than id like anyways. I will confirm, with my prior Audi TTS, the sitting position was just overall more "leveled" and sporty. Legs felt right, arms and hands reached the wheel correctly, etc. But of course, totally diff kind of car. :iono: