GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BAU 2015 GTI Build Thread

BusinessAsUsual

Go Kart Champion
Hi all, name's Jay. I recently parted ways with my 2011 Golf... It was a sad moment for me since it was my first self-owned car. I did sell it to a member of my family though, so I still get to see it often! :D

Here is the replacement:

2014Vacay__020 by AllSystemsGo_, on Flickr

I absolutely love it! Coming from a 2.5, it is obviously a great upgrade performance wise. I have never actually driven a MK6 GTI so I can't really compare directly to this MK7.

Delivery date for my new 'toy' was July 2nd, 2014. Got it in Deep Black with 5 doors and manual transmission. It's a Canadian car so by having 5 doors, I automatically get the Xenons and a bunch of other features. We don't get as many packages as in the US.

2014Vacay__010 by AllSystemsGo_, on Flickr

Mods done so far:

07/12/2014: Debadged the rear hatch along with the fenders
07/19/2014: Soundaktor disabled and other features enabled via VagCom
07/30/2014: Euroswitch installed

Mods planned:

- Coilovers
- Wheels & Summer Tires
- Stage 1 Tune (APR vs Uni, unsure)
- Intake
- Catback Exhaust
- LED Taillights / Rear Fog / Amber Turn Light conversion. -- Still unsure what the plan will be for that one. People seem to have lots of trouble wiring the LEDs with the rear fog. Maybe I will even go with the European halogen tails to be able to wire a rear fog and amber signals.
- Boost Gauge
- More power

I've been around the MK6 forums alot so that is why I'm [also] posting a build thread here.

I've seen that MK6 guys aren't totally sold on the MK7 yet, which is fine. At first I really did not like the MK7 body. I was thinking of upgrading to a used MK6 GTI instead. I switched my mind when I saw how much potential the 'new' TSI motor has.

Opinions and insults are welcome

MK7__004 by AllSystemsGo_, on Flickr

2014Vacay__014 by AllSystemsGo_, on Flickr

My old Golf, for those of you that might be curious

TO13_011 by AllSystemsGo_, on Flickr