GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Different DV/BOV choices and relocation

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
So I'm new to these cars and have searched about atmospheric bov's not being good on these cars....(myth???)and I've always liked how the CTS turbo bov sounds. I don't like the forge sound which is a loud swoosh at all.
http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/cts-turbo-2-dot-0t-blow-off-valve-kit-cts-bv-0009
With that said, I'm also looking into the unit ronin do relocation kit and if anyone had replaced there "pancake" pipe on the front (think that's the right one) which connects to the throttle body of it has issues with this do reloc kit. Really wanted the cts turbo one but only one I can find is one made for do relocation which I don't need if buying this kit. Thanks!

http://www.moddedeuros.com/products/cts-turbo-tsi-throttle-pipe-08-13-cts-it-600

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
I can't speak about the CTS one, but I have read decent reviews.

It is not a myth that we should not use true atmospheric BOVs. When you use a BOV instead of a DV, you are venting metered air measured by your MAF sensor. This can cause rich conditions and mess with your fuel trims. For me, I am extremely centered around performance and that's why I chose the Synapse DV. I just replaces the GFB DV+ with the Synapse DV.

The pancake pipe which you're speaking of is the throttle body inlet pipe. That is where I'll be welding my Synapse DV to (Neuspeed TIP) instead of using the normal DV as the synapse is fully mechanical.

I'm not sure about how that position works with anything other than big turbo... So that's new to me. Most people do a DV relocation to the engine bay, or on the bottom of the car (which is where mine is).

RGTI13

Go Kart Champion
The CTS throttle pipe is a great addition. Especially if you plan on going W/M injected in the future.

I would recommend getting a turbo outlet pipe (TOP) and a stronger DV (people like the GFB DV+). But, if you plan on staying stage 2, I wouldn't complicate your build as all of this is completely unneccisary... It will net you like 5 WHP.

Get a GFB DV+ and call it a day for stage 2.

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
Yeah lol I guess where I'm getting confused at is some of the pipes have a outlet for a (sound amplifier) which engines does this come on? Mines cbfa but I didn't see on on the plastic pipe near the inter cooler.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
Yeah lol I guess where I'm getting confused at is some of the pipes have a outlet for a (sound amplifier) which engines does this come on? Mines cbfa but I didn't see on on the plastic pipe near the inter cooler.

These pipes are referred as the Throttle Charge Pipe, the sound amplifier/noise pipe is common on the MKV engines, I believe they were discontinued for the MK6 lines.

If you don't have a noise pipe, leave it alone, take that $200 and put that towards something else.

If your mind is set on doing a DV relocate, one stop shop is the DV Relocation Kit from Unitronic....comes with everything you'll need.

07stuntin6r

Ready to race!
Yeah I ended up getting the CTS throttle pipe which I guess has a section for future do relocation. $150 shipped so I couldn't pass it up haha. Still working on mods to get ready for stage 2 GIAC tune next month. Contemplated on R8 coils but mine being a 14 not sure....some people have talked about revisions and the coils being fine etc...

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
Yeah I ended up getting the CTS throttle pipe which I guess has a section for future do relocation. $150 shipped so I couldn't pass it up haha. Still working on mods to get ready for stage 2 GIAC tune next month. Contemplated on R8 coils but mine being a 14 not sure....some people have talked about revisions and the coils being fine etc...

Don't waste money on R8 coil unless it's time for a tune up.....