GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stuck between a rock and a hard place....

yungty718

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks everyone for your speedy responses....Im saying that based on the estimate your payment calculator when.u enter the amount down and interest rate the payments only differ 90-110 dollars per month on the car note....same down payment same length of term and everything (by the way I was pre approved by my credit union) so that's why I got stuck....gas on the R based on EPA is 19 and GTI is 21 but I guess those 2 miles will make a big difference ( not trying to sound sarcastic) and then comes the point of Mods...my only mods I see so far is a RVC and r led and blacked out vw emblems ...won't be tuning.anytime soon..... I'm curious about.this xds feature ...anyone care to elaborate?? I wont be tuning until maybe I.owned for a year ...not tryna get bit by the bug too early and miss payments..lol I won't be tracking the car but will be doing spirited driving and coming to whatever east coast meets with u guys... I guess Awd will be better since I will be heading to east stroudsburg and will be snowboarding a lot..

yungty718

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry for the double post..and your probably right on negotiation on price on GTI vs R... Im gonna hunt for a dealer who lost out on a sale of a 4 door and see how far they are willing to go... I tried to use that true car thing and saw savings of 4grand on a new autobahn... But Idk how true that is ..has anyone dealt with that before??

502fasthatch

Ready to race!
Man im in the same boat. I am pretty set on the dsg gti because of the great technology it offers i have read and watched videos of stock gti's with the dsg keeping up with the new r. I think most of the flaws with the dsg are long gone since the new gearbox has been in production since 2006 i think.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Dsg is pure awesome once it's broke in. When new it feels a bit odd or laggy but after a couple thousand miles it's perfect. Stage one tune actually makes dsg feel even better.

Anyone else not crazy about the looks of the R? It just looks like things are added to a gti rather than being its own entity.

yungty718

Passed Driver's Ed
Also what about problems with gti's specifically MT and 4doors...what too look for in a cpo or generally used one