GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Build your own RSR clutch kit - Parts list

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Good find, I wish I hadn't just bought my clutch from them about a month ago....seems like a rip off for what little "R&D" they did.
Had it been so little, someone else would have done it a long time ago. Also, how would they have known if it all fit together? How would they know if it functions properly? Is it comfortable to use? Does it hold power?

I was closely following the clutch threads when they were developing this and released it. They did quite a bit of R&D trying out multiple combinations until they got it right. As Calkulin said, they had to purchase parts to test AND they had to do clutch installs for every combo.

I wouldn't say the did little R&D, sure they didn't manufacturer any parts but from what I've read, they did test multiple combos, which takes at least a couple of hours of install to try each, plus the money they spent on the clutches themselves. A little over priced, yeah but not quite exactly a rip off IMO
Agree with you.

Torito77

Ready to race!
Will this work on a TFSI 2.0T engine ? If not, what are the modifications required? Any additional or different parts needed?

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Will this work on a TFSI 2.0T engine ? If not, what are the modifications required? Any additional or different parts needed?

FSIs don't require the mod and TFSIs shouldn't either, only the TSIs do. And they all use the same parts, so no different parts needed

BlackedOutMkv

Ready to race!
Just ordered the TT-RS pressure plate kit prom the dealer and euro TDI clutch disc from the Spareto site.

So excited to get this beast installed!

ChrisChen1990

Ready to race!
Will we need Alignment tool when we got the clutch installed?

danielescobarg

I put together mine aswell, but instead of the diesel disc used TTRS one. Mine is going into a tiguan 6mt so the imput shaft is different than GTI/R tranny. Im building an APR stage 3. Hope to have it in the ground this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinger

Ready to race!

Following Calkulin's lead, I have also sourced the parts from the clutch sold by HS Tuning. As far as I can tell these are the same parts. The clutch will be installed this weekend (I hope) so I will be able to update as I go.

The most troublesome and frustrating part to get was the pressure plate from PartSale out of Estonia which took almost 8 weeks to get here (240 Euros delivered). Their version of customer service is a far cry from what we're accustomed to in the US. In fact, after they had shipped the part they actually emailed me asking that I send the replaced parts to them... something about an exchange program they had failed to tell me up front. I told them I'd be happy to send them the part back as long as they pay shipping and handling... Havent' heard from them yet and I would suggest finding another source for that part.

Spareto for the disk - also from Estonia (I think): $195 super easy to deal with online.
AutoHausAZ for slave cylinder and pressure plate bolts: $93 also very easy to work with
Other bolts from Audi:$10

Total: $613 delivered. Not a bad deal in the end.

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!

Following Calkulin's lead, I have also sourced the parts from the clutch sold by HS Tuning. As far as I can tell these are the same parts. The clutch will be installed this weekend (I hope) so I will be able to update as I go.

The most troublesome and frustrating part to get was the pressure plate from PartSale out of Estonia which took almost 8 weeks to get here (240 Euros delivered). Their version of customer service is a far cry from what we're accustomed to in the US. In fact, after they had shipped the part they actually emailed me asking that I send the replaced parts to them... something about an exchange program they had failed to tell me up front. I told them I'd be happy to send them the part back as long as they pay shipping and handling... Havent' heard from them yet and I would suggest finding another source for that part.

Spareto for the disk - also from Estonia (I think): $195 super easy to deal with online.
AutoHausAZ for slave cylinder and pressure plate bolts: $93 also very easy to work with
Other bolts from Audi:$10

Total: $613 delivered. Not a bad deal in the end.

Did you opt for The reman pp kit? Seems like it based on price and request for core. Any worries about a reman?

SHOMI

Ready to race!
interesting, their factory clutch/pressure plate supposedly holds up APR Stage 1 which has over 380lb/ft of torque with no problem
But for how long...

APRMK6GTi

Go Kart Champion
But for how long...

not sure, but APR did "long term testing" seems ok. i mean Mk6 stock cant even handle ~300lb/ft torque.... mk7 has nearly 80+ torque with the same tranny and whatever new oem clutch/pp it has