GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI Security Access Code (VCDS)

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
I'd really love to turn up my LED's via vagcom, but seeing as I've been unsuccessful in finding the Security Access code mentioned here:
http://www.a5oc.com/forums/a5-s5-topics/12001-adjust-brightness-drl-led.html

I'm starting a thread that will HOPEFULLY result in what all of us who are running a Euro-switch and LED's want most.

RossTech's website says this: "Valid Login codes can be found in the Factory Repair Manual for your car."
(Click this link for their page on Security Access Codes)

I'm assuming that SOMEONE out there has to have this Factory Repair Manual (other than the dreaded dealership).... And hey, if the A5/S5 guys were able to get their code, we should be able to get ours too!

Any help/input is appreciated!

Last edited:

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
And yes, I realize there have been threads on this before... my Google searches and thread searches have turned them up.

The goal here is to revive those threads [in a way] so as to finish what they set out to do.... At least that's what I'm hoping for!!!

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
I sent an email to Ross-Tech. Let's see what they can come up with.

I know I can't be the only one wishing my LED's were brighter with the Euro-switch.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
It's looking like Ross-Tech might be "dumping me" from tech support since I'm not the original purchaser of the cable...

We may need someone who bought their cable directly from Ross-Tech to email them regarding this situation (and send along a random auto-scan) since their policy is preventing me from obtaining any help.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
It sucks 'cause we know how to do it, we just need the code. WE JUST NEED THE CODE.

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Or... You could pony up the $99 to register with Ross-Tech. That's good for the life of your cable.
http://www.ross-tech.com/vca/index.html

You should get support from Ross-Tech when you haven't paid them *anything*??? :iono:

Of course if your cable is *not* a Ross-Tech cable, then you certainly have no business asking them anything.

:clap:

Last edited:

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Never did I say I should get support from them when I haven't paid them anything.

but... here again, every time you post after me in a thread, I am forced to say this: ****Back to the thread topic****

If anyone else is able to take it from here, it would be much appreciated.

If not, no big deal, seeing as LED brightness isn't a life-or-death situation.

PM me if you'd like to see the emails between Ross-Tech and myself... I'll be happy to share them with whoever wishes to take on the task of asking them for the Security Access Code...

If anyone has access to a FACTORY REPAIR MANUAL, the code can be found in there.

P1NDLESK1N

Ready to race!
Thanks for bumping the tread Tim. :rolleyes:

PM sent, GTIpilot.
I'll probably shoot Ross-Tech an email to see if they can give me some info on this subject, since I'm a customer (read not a criminal).

GTIpilot1

Ready to race!
Thank you Jack, I'm honored. :thumbsup:

BTW, I discussed the OP's idea with with Sebastian at Ross-Tech. According to him "a Service Access Code will not help in the least". So it looks like that won't work.

But if you still want to persue this without Ross-Tech's assistance, you could try hitting up a VW tech on this forum (like DBESTGTI). That way, you'd could get a definitive answer from a non-Ross-Tech source.

You're welcome.

Interesting... Well, either way, I'd still like to try it with the Access Code... No harm in exploring; that's how we learn.

A VW tech or anyone who has access to the factory repair manual would be a good place to continue from here. Thanks for the input!