GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car shows and Mk6's

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Curious, in your area if Mk6s even garner a look at car shows?

I've been to a few local car shows now, and while my car isn't radical, I'd say its a pretty clean performance build thus far. I rarely even get a look from spectators unless they are other VW owners asking me questions.

I'm not looking for trophies or glam here, but I do take the time to go to these things to be social and talk to other owners.

How does the Mk6 platform fare where you are?

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Curious, in your area if Mk6s even garner a look at car shows?

I've been to a few local car shows now, and while my car isn't radical, I'd say its a pretty clean performance build thus far. I rarely even get a look from spectators unless they are other VW owners asking me questions.

I'm not looking for trophies or glam here, but I do take the time to go to these things to be social and talk to other owners.

How does the Mk6 platform fare where you are?

Its great here. I am in Florida too. Not sure what shows you are going to. Fixxfest, Simply Clean, Clean Culture, iLovedrivingslow. Just to name some of the local ones.

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Its great here. I am in Florida too. Not sure what shows you are going to. Fixxfest, Simply Clean, Clean Culture, iLovedrivingslow. Just to name some of the local ones.

I'm up in Northwest Florida. Panhandle. I'm not even sure we can be compared to Central and South Florida. I know, I grew up in Tampa and travel there every month for work still.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
I'm up in Northwest Florida. Panhandle. I'm not even sure we can be compared to Central and South Florida. I know, I grew up in Tampa and travel there every month for work still.

Ah gotcha. Forgot another goody is Eurotripper. But most of those aren't "local" to me like a 2 1/2 hour drive. But Florida wise, the shows are great here.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
You gotta have bags and bacon fenders to get any attention.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Nothing at the meets here for JDM/other types of cars. Obviously the VW/VAG shows they do.

Yayotas

Ready to race!
Hello my florida mk6 fam. I'm in Jax. We have a couple of mk6 here but we travel for the shows. Simply clean is the closet one that is pretty big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Our local group got some attention at a show last year. We aren't really show car guys at all, some track cars and other just tastfully modded cars geared towards the perfomance side of things vs bags and ramz. We took away a few trophies at this event lol. The hardcore showcar guys were a bit butthurt

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
At car shows of all makes no one gives two shits about mk6's... except the people you mentioned (other VW owners).

At VW car events, most people only care about bags and bacon fenders.

I dont go to shows.. but if i went to a VW meet im looking for mk1 and mk2s.