GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

mcurtis600

This logic makes no sense whatsoever. Rotating tires has absolutely nothing to do with alignment. Nothing. Someone possibly "adjusted" your toe or camber while they were rotating your tires. If it is truly out of alignment it was either like that before or someone is looking to do some alignments this month.

Might be uneven tire inflation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mcurtis600

Random/Stupid question incoming:

So I got out of my car today and as I walked past the front bumper, it sounded like something was still running (belts whizzing or something). The keys were in my pocket (no KESSY) and it didn't sound like the engine was on, but something was definitely still going towards the lower part of the front bumper. It kept going for about 30 seconds before stopping. I haven't noticed this before... any ideas?

That’s the after run pump in the cooling system. Totally normal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!

DELETE

Autocross Champion
How do you like the OTS Map?

It’s great to me and the car. I had some issues with the MAF area before they accommodated people using equipment other than theirs. It’s all I really know as far as tunes go though so could it be better? Sure. I’ve yet to pro tune as well so I know there’s room for improvement.

Dub_Polo

Ready to race!
It’s great to me and the car. I had some issues with the MAF area before they accommodated people using equipment other than theirs. It’s all I really know as far as tunes go though so could it be better? Sure. I’ve yet to pro tune as well so I know there’s room for improvement.

I am planning on using their OTS Software until I get a TBE, then I plan on getting a etune

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
To replace the city lights in the GTI halogens, does the little tab have to be in any particular orientation? My hands are all cut up and that stupid burned out bulb is still in there. . . .

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
To replace the city lights in the GTI halogens, does the little tab have to be in any particular orientation? My hands are all cut up and that stupid burned out bulb is still in there. . . .

I think you just twist it and pull it straight out. I understand your frustration. The easier way but longer method would be to remove the darn headlights. It’s what I ended up doing in the past because my hands were too big to get in there and i got scratched up for doing so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried with pliers, but can't get straight on. Going to Harbor Freight for some angled pliers and trying again, just want to verify before I pull to hard and break it

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I tried with pliers, but can't get straight on. Going to Harbor Freight for some angled pliers and trying again, just want to verify before I pull to hard and break it

You won’t break it, it just needs to be pulled straight with some force and it’ll come right out. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richterat83

Passed Driver's Ed
The small 45 degree pliers from harbor freight are a MUST! Came right out. NOW though, i put amber 194 bulbs in and i get a bulb out warning but all lights are on.