GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 gti beluga racing catless downpipe review

tonymk6

Ready to race!
Fitment seems to be pretty spot on. It was 100% on the catback and everything ive read is the downpipe fit great too.
I dont plan on doing it lol im to lazy to do it myself.

But damn that sale is niceeee. 154 shipped.

Actually i might try and do it. It seems straight forward

Yeah I looked at some videos/threads and it doesn't seem very hard at all, minus being on jackstands lmao.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I bought it for the 154.99 if i get burned it was only $150 bucks.

EDIT*** But saying that ive been completely happy with their catback so i feel like this will be a good buy.

Last edited:

tonymk6

Ready to race!
I installed my DP yesterday :D quick question though. I'm pretty sure I have a leak somewhere, idk if it's a leak or just a louder spooling turbo but I'm experiencing a little bit of surge. With the install, do you put the 4 washers on the 4 bolts connecting to the turbo flange? Or on either side of the bolt/nut when connecting the two dp pieces. I don't have the stage 2 tune yet so could I be experiencing the surging from that?

Caii

i’m trying to watch the video because i just ordered one, any help ? lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have their full turbo back installed now. I took it to my mechanic to install it took him like 30 minutes if that. Said it bolted straight up and fit together nicely. The only thing i did differently was i bought a new stock gasket from turbo to downpipe for a better seal.

Before i got tuned it was loud as heck and made all kinds of noises. after i got the stage 2 tune(about a week later) it quieted down quite a bit. Its still loud as balls and rattles things in the car while on it though.. but just cruising around town i can keep it quiet and comfortable.

I experience highway drone around 75-80mph. It reallly gets loud around 85mph on the highway.

gdub09

Ready to race!
What do you need help with Caii? Install, sound questions? Install is easy. Did it in about 30min, its pretty easy. I used an OEM gasket as well just because my buddy had one in his box. I had no fitment issues or anything. As for sound its loud when you get on it but not obnoxious. It's pretty a pretty nice and subtle. If you're not tuning it right away you'll need an O2 spacer. I got mine from UroTuning, the cheapest one and never threw a code.

Caii

What do you need help with Caii? Install, sound questions? Install is easy. Did it in about 30min, its pretty easy. I used an OEM gasket as well just because my buddy had one in his box. I had no fitment issues or anything. As for sound its loud when you get on it but not obnoxious. It's pretty a pretty nice and subtle. If you're not tuning it right away you'll need an O2 spacer. I got mine from UroTuning, the cheapest one and never threw a code.

u just answered all the questions i had lol thank you. just got mine in today would it be worth taking it to mechanic and having them do it ( since my cars in there now getting a new motor ) or should i just do it myself and forget about having to pay. and im definitely gonna have to get the spacers, that’s another question i had. thank you

gdub09

Ready to race!
If they'll install it at no extra charge I'd have em do it, less work for you lol. If they do charge, I'd do it yourself. There's plenty of how to's out there. Its pretty easy, 4 bolts at the flange, 2 on the exhaust pipe, and 2 on the hanger. I had access to a lift so it took 30min but on jack stands I'd say an hour tops. I hand tightened the bolts to the flange so I wouldn't run the risk of cross threading because you can't see the bolts very well from the top.

Caii

If they'll install it at no extra charge I'd have em do it, less work for you lol. If they do charge, I'd do it yourself. There's plenty of how to's out there. Its pretty easy, 4 bolts at the flange, 2 on the exhaust pipe, and 2 on the hanger. I had access to a lift so it took 30min but on jack stands I'd say an hour tops. I hand tightened the bolts to the flange so I wouldn't run the risk of cross threading because you can't see the bolts very well from the top.

i can put on the 02 spacers on after i got the DP installed ? or do i gotta do it all at once. and how much yours run you ?

gdub09

Ready to race!
You can do either. I'd put the spacer on before you install the DP, its easier. I don't remember how much the spacer was but it was the cheapest off UroTuning, like $30 I think. Its a damn spacer, I wasn't paying more for that, especially since it was only staying on for a few weeks.

pdan

Ready to race!
I agree with putting the spacer on when you first put the DP on. I would have if I had one when I installed it. Trust me it was a pain to put the car back up on jacks and take out the o2 sensors again just to put the spacer on.

Caii

hey i put the downpipe on with the spacer and it was good for about 300-400 miles and then CEL came on, maybe i put it in the wrong hole lol which one u put it in, i believe i put mine on straight pipe it gives you

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
hey i put the downpipe on with the spacer and it was good for about 300-400 miles and then CEL came on, maybe i put it in the wrong hole lol which one u put it in, i believe i put mine on straight pipe it gives you

it goes in the furthest hole from the turbo. Spacers arent magic. clear the code and you will probably get another couple hundred miles before it pops again

Caii

it goes in the furthest hole from the turbo. Spacers arent magic. clear the code and you will probably get another couple hundred miles before it pops again

oh wow, so that was a waste lol pretty sure i put mine in the farthest hole as well. i hate the look of my CEL on

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
oh wow, so that was a waste lol pretty sure i put mine in the farthest hole as well. i hate the look of my CEL on

a spacer is just a band aid, some work really well for people, others get your results, and some always get CEL with spacers regardless. You need a tune to keep the CEL away.