GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SOCAL tint shops

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
Okay, i looked at the map, Signature Glass Tinting is pretty far down. its an hour and 40 minute drive away for me. Look at Yelp, SGT has many good reviews, they are 5 STARS with 22 reviews on YELP. I called and asked what kind of discount they could do for a group buy of 3 to 5 people using Llumar tint and they said with a 3 car minimum, we'll get Llumar for $175 with their in house warranty (what ever that is). I also talked to Kendle (a girl) about not everyone coming in at the same time, like everyone spacing out their appointment by an hour since the tinting takes 60 minutes to 90 minutes. MAP

Advace Auto Engineering is located in alhambra. It looks like he does really good work based off PandaGTI's post and off reviews from YELP and his website. He also does vinyl roofing. I spoke to Scott about a 3 to 5 car group tint buy and he said hes already rock bottom on his pricing. He said the best he can do it knock $10 off each person for a 3m metallic tint. MAP

I think that SGT is going to be the better deal seeing that they use lumar and they do computer laser cut-outs so there will be no razor blade markings on our cars themself, everything is pre cut.

Let me know asap because if we do it we have to let the tint shop know within the next 2 days to get these deals.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Signature Glass tinting is $215 for Llumar non metallic but she said that was non ceramic ( i got kinda confused about this statement...). and If you do two cars its 10% off each car. They also have Winco for $395, but thats too much IMO.

I would clarify what tint they are using...
highest grade would be ceramic because it blocks the most heat, while still allowing good transmission of things like your radio and nav.

Metallic or semi metallic have less signal transmission of nav and radio (haven't had an issue of that in our other cars) however it still blocks heat pretty good.

Charcoal/ or dyed is the cheapest tint... not as good heat rejection as the other two, but good for signal transmission if you're on a budget.

That being said, I would clarify the $215 Llumar non metallic/ non ceramic... because the only other one it could be is the dyed/ charcoal tint which is the cheapest tint... so $215 would be very expensive for that level tint.

If you ever come through downtown Fullerton, you can see the work he has done on my cars.

My FJ has Charcoal/ Dyed on just the 2 front windows to match the factory tinted rears... and it matches perfect... but my FJ stays relatively cool because the windows are so small to begin with.

My BMW has full Metallic... I really like it... great look... kept the car pretty cool.

But the GTI has the Ceramic... which keeps the car much cooler than the metallic and dyed/ charcoal...

$250 for Ceramic is very very cheap

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I love how they give you 2 days to do it... if they can do the deal it really shouldn't matter wether it is 2 days, a week, or several weeks

Scott took 3-4 hours on my GTI to make sure he gets the dot matrix parts of the windows perfect... and I have no razor marks at all

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
I had no idea that there was an in between of metallic and ceramic. I'll call again tomorrow to clearify that it is not this "budget" type of tinting.
Our group "deal" is $175 if we bring 3 cars in.

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
I spoke to SGT and they said they discontinued use of the ATR (metallic) tint bc it messes with the radio/nav/etc and started using ATC(non metallic and non ceramic). They have some 35% metallic which I will use on my rear window and I'll use the ATC 50% on my fronts.

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
i wouldnt go anywhere unless your getting actual film manufacturer warranty paperwork. an inhouse warranty is garbage.

edit-computer cut tinting is fairly un-passionate so to speak also. top edges are usually larger and the corners rounded a bit to much for my taste. usually a red flag for low quality high volume IMO

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
i wouldnt go anywhere unless your getting actual film manufacturer warranty paperwork. an inhouse warranty is garbage.

edit-computer cut tinting is fairly un-passionate so to speak also. top edges are usually larger and the corners rounded a bit to much for my taste. usually a red flag for low quality high volume IMO

Signature Glass Tinting has a pretty good in house warranty - "we are the only shop in Orange County that offers a NO CHARGE, NO FAULT WARRANTY. Not only will we fix your window film if the film itself fails as outlined by the manufacturer, but we will fix any of your windows if they are ever accidentally damaged, scratched, vandalized even if the window is broken. "

Straight off their site - SITE LINK

drtyjrsy

Ready to race!
that sounds great but if their using manufacturer backed lifetime warrantied films there should be NO reason that they wouldnt give you the manufacturer paperwork. if i got a nickle for everytime a customer comes in saying they promised it was guaranteed but when i went back with a problem they said sorry id be eating nickle soup. the place sounds legit but having the manufacturer to fall back on is extra insurance. the fact that they arent raises a red flag to me.

elvinkch

Ready to race!
Hey drtyjrsy,

I notice you're in SD and also have a shop. I'm in the SD area and was looking to get my GTI tinted. Can I can an estimate from you?