GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vw to porsche boxter brake upgrade parts list & future DIY

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Good luck with the Install. These have been awesome on my car..
5.5 pounds lighter per side too which is a difference you can feel..

You will need the Porsche Vibration dampers as well (not cheap) as this set-up is naturally noisy

Pics and install: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gti-20-2011-stuff/brembo-brakes/

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!

You will need the Porsche Vibration dampers as well (not cheap) as this set-up is naturally noisy

Pics and install: http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gti-20-2011-stuff/brembo-brakes/

Thank you for that link, I hope you dont mind but ill put the link in my first post so people dont have to scan the thread to find it...

In regards to the vibration dampeners are you referring to the boxter s vibration dampeners that side inside the piston?

Pelican parts has them for $18 each, so $72 total (EDIT)

Last edited:

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for that link, I hope you dont mind but ill put the link in my first post so people dont have to scan the thread to find it...

In regards to the vibration dampeners are you referring to the boxter s vibration dampeners that side inside the piston?

No Problem...
And yes, the Dampers that go inside the pistons.

BTW I have a set of Mintex Red Box pads for these calipers with a few hundred miles on them $50 shipped.

Don't forget to flip your crossovers and nipples end to end, so the Large piston is the trailing one (on the bottom)

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

Pelican parts has them for $18 each, so $36 total

You'll need (4) as they are sold individually, so $72 total..

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!
You'll need (4) as they are sold individually, so $72 total..
Ah you are correct... Math oh how you fail me :mad0259:

My bad yes, $72 total, but that is a one time purchase fortuneately. And some can live with the squeal, depends on the driver really. But thank you Ill add this to the list too

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Ah you are correct... Math oh how you fail me :mad0259:

My bad yes, $72 total, but that is a one time purchase fortuneately. And some can live with the squeal, depends on the driver really. But thank you Ill add this to the list too

Trust me, the squeal will be unbearable without them! I tried lots of tricks with no success until I got these (a friend gave them to me so I lucked out there!). Even with Hawk Performance Ceramics I still get a little as the car comes to a final stop

DSF767

Ready to race!

Modshack,

where did you source your Caliper from that are branded Brembo is there another generic part number for the Brembo branded caliper?

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Modshack,

where did you source your Caliper from that are branded Brembo is there another generic part number for the Brembo branded caliper?

All these calipers are Brembos.(stock Porsche calipers). Mine had just been freshly powdercoated/rebuilt and the Brembo sticker put on.
Bought em here out of the Classifieds..

the bruce

Go Kart Champion

hockeystar17mnj

Ready to race!

maskari_gti1

Go Kart Champion
I want this upgrade so bad! One down side, shipping the kit internationally kills. I've just worked out an estimate of the shipping charge and turned out to be $400-$450 for the calipers only. I'll look aoround in scrap yards and hopeullfy find a wrecked Boxter S and get the calipers.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Great mod, i heard the 4 and 6 pot Toureg brakes fit as well. great priced brake upgrades is a closely guarded secret!

Yes the touareg calipers fit. They are the same as the cayenne six pot brembos but, are overkill imho. I think the Boxster 4pots are the most reasonable for this car. But then again I'm not speaking from experience and you guys do some crazy things.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Yes the touareg calipers fit. They are the same as the cayenne six pot brembos but, are overkill imho. I think the Boxster 4pots are the most reasonable for this car. But then again I'm not speaking from experience and you guys do some crazy things.

i love my 6 pots:bellyroll: i get amazing braking power.