GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which should I buy?

narwhal

I've been looking at GTIs for the last couple of weeks and I've got it down to two. Both are manual 2 dr. There's a 2010 CPO carbon steel, conv/sunroof, HID, 29k. Or there's a 2011 united gray, base, 16K. the 2010 costs about 300 dls more.
The 2010 only has a couple of months of original warranty left, while the 2011 has over a year. What do you guys recommend?

v-dug

Go Kart Champion
If the 2010 is CPO and the 2011 isn't, that should make a huge difference for warranty. I bought a 2011 because it still has 2 yrs of the original bumper to bumper, plus another 2 yrs tacked on because it's CPO. So I have a 4 year bumper to bumper, better than a new one!

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Definitely get the 10, it may have 13K more miles, but you're getting HIDs, steering wheel controls, touch screen radio, sunroof. All of which the 11 base model won't have. Plus as Vdub said you will get the extended CPO warranty. Definitely worth the extra $300.

UNFOGIVABLE

Go Kart Champion
I'd say get the 2011. I has way less miles on it and that extra amount of warranty. If you want some HID's you can buy them for cheap on this forum.

Just think about it, the 2011 has about one full year less miles driven on it, and its cheaper.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I'd say get the 2011. I has way less miles on it and that extra amount of warranty. If you want some HID's you can buy them for cheap on this forum.

Just think about it, the 2011 has about one full year less miles driven on it, and its cheaper.

You're crazy. 13K more miles is nothing. Plus with the 10 he gets the extended CPO warranty, not to mention all of the OEM options I stated.

whatever

Passed Driver's Ed
If the 2010 is CPO and the 2011 isn't, that should make a huge difference for warranty. I bought a 2011 because it still has 2 yrs of the original bumper to bumper, plus another 2 yrs tacked on because it's CPO. So I have a 4 year bumper to bumper, better than a new one!

Agree, I'd go CPO over non-CPO any day. Piece of mind is worth a lot of money and it sounds like you're only a few hundred off one-another.

Cheers!