GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS-510 version E/F: worth the buy?

Link

Ready to race!
Anyone know if the Canadian 2012 models came with A/B/C or E/F?

they advertise 2013 models with a "30GB hard disk".... smells like old junk fit into new cars to me...

As far as I know, newer versions E/F/G have 40GB, and previous versions have 30GB.

pdxa4

Longtime VW/Audi owner
Fitted my RNS-510 and 9w7 bluetooth unit over the past few days, replaced the RNS-315 unit on my R. Bought the unit from Peter.

Makes me mad how VWOA cheapened out on us with the RNS-315.

Latest L unit.

Had a delay as the bluetooth would not connect to the car and radio, but ultimately just had to enable #77 telephone on the CAN-gateway install list.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
How was the install? I have been thinking about doing the exact same thing.

It's an easy install. Buy a 9W7, mounting tray, and plug and play harness. Run the harness under the carpet to the passenger side front seat and the mic wire behind the glove box up the pillar and to the mic to plug it into the existing mic. Plug in the RNS-510 and 9W7. Do some coding for the 9W7 and you're done.

pdxa4

Longtime VW/Audi owner
How was the install? I have been thinking about doing the exact same thing.

It's ok, not quite plug and play as mentioned.

But once you are able to remove pins from a connection, and are able to remove interior trim then you should be ok. But one does need tools and vag-com to get it working.

I'd be able to do it in less than an hour now as I've done it already.

It's much easier if your car already had the separate bluetooth module installed.