GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
Ok so im 100% sure i want to get the APR k04 turbo kit and im wondering if anybody on here has the kit and just an intake. Anything else necessary? Intercooler? Downpipe? Btw i have a CBFA motor.

Anybody got the kit with no other bolt-ons? LoL

Well, think about it this way. The S3 has a K04 stock and S3 IC(obviously), which I believe its intercooler is rated to be reliable for about 265 hp. It would be fine if you didn't have software to go with it, but you will most likely notice a drop in power after only a few miles of spirited driving. With stage 2, I notice a drop in power after about 45 minutes of a combo of normal and some fierce acceleration. With the software, I would say APR or similar intercooler would be a wise decision. I'm going to stick with the S3 intercooler since Stage 2 is already pushing the limits of FWD.

Grownman

Ready to race!
Well they have a oem exhaust option. Diffrent software.. I created another tread asking about it's performance. As far as intercoller goes, depends on where you are, outside temp and how much you are going to use high rpms... Highly recommended!

Hes in CA, during the summers it can get hot 100F +

Not exactly sure, but most people with Stage II go with the S3 Cooler,(Cheaper) but with the k04, should go with the apr one.(Larger etc) I recall Arin making a post/explaining why.

turbo back for performance, cat for sound. CA has strict emission laws, so do the research before blowing $$ therefore, you wont having to revert back during a smog check etc.

I'm going to stick with the S3 intercooler since Stage 2 is already pushing the limits of FWD.

:thumbsup:

v8282w

Ready to race!
Removal. Yes.

Modification. No.

It's just a software update. :)

I am a long time apr customer from mk4. If I am going to chip my new mk6, it is going to be apr because of the great resuts and longevity I got out of my mk4. I am a little nervouse about chipping my new car do to how much money I owe on the car and the fear of a voided warranty. Why exactly do you have to remove the ecu, I know the encryption thing. But what are you actually doing when you remove it. Is it just a switch inside the box that allows it to be reflashed when the cover is removed? Just trying to understand if nothing is modified, why it must be removed to do the first flash. Thnx

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Ok so im 100% sure i want to get the APR k04 turbo kit and im wondering if anybody on here has the kit and just an intake. Anything else necessary? Intercooler? Downpipe? Btw i have a CBFA motor.

Anybody got the kit with no other bolt-ons? LoL

On the CBFA motor, to run the stock downpipe you have to modify your OEM exhaust flange and weld on an extra O2 sensor bung. It's a royal pain in the ass and will not be that great of an option. You want to run an upgraded downpipe, such as our own. No headaches and more power.

Intercooler? You don't need it but the stock intercooler will heatsoake very quickly. Heck, if I was stage 2 with all boltons I'd upgrade it. I did before when I had my stock turbo.

Anything else? Just the intake and you'll be good.

:)

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
I am a long time apr customer from mk4. If I am going to chip my new mk6, it is going to be apr because of the great resuts and longevity I got out of my mk4. I am a little nervouse about chipping my new car do to how much money I owe on the car and the fear of a voided warranty. Why exactly do you have to remove the ecu, I know the encryption thing. But what are you actually doing when you remove it. Is it just a switch inside the box that allows it to be reflashed when the cover is removed? Just trying to understand if nothing is modified, why it must be removed to do the first flash. Thnx

The ECU must be put into a writeable mode, and the only way to do this is to remove the ECU and connect to one of the ECU connection points before flashing.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Does the catted APR dp mate right up to the stock CBE with no issues?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
hmmm... and is there a resonator in your dp, or is that included in your CBE?

Boner

Passed Driver's Ed
Arin ,

I had my MK 6 GTI Apr stage 1 done April 2010 and Stage 2 intake and down pipe last Oct 2010 . This was performed at H2 Sport in Georgetown Ontario. Do the updates apply to what I have or we talking about something completely different ?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Arin ,

I had my MK 6 GTI Apr stage 1 done April 2010 and Stage 2 intake and down pipe last Oct 2010 . This was performed at H2 Sport in Georgetown Ontario. Do the updates apply to what I have or we talking about something completely different ?

Yes. There is an update.

pure_lunatic

Ready to race!

^

This graph is misleading.

Visual representation shows the greatest deltaHP occuring at approx. 4900 rpm, not 6800...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

^

This graph is misleading.

Visual representation shows the greatest deltaHP occuring at approx. 4900 rpm, not 6800...

Actually, it looks like you are right. Somethings not adding up. I'll need to check the data but it appears the "gains" column is from another chart. This is an embarrassing mistake and I apologize.