GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blinker stuck on

Holguin831

Passed Driver's Ed
[/IMG]Alright so I have the halogen headlight model I switched to mk7 R reps on. Went 7 months no issues but one day after I washed my car. My front left blinker was stuck on. Constantly illuminated. I thought it was just the lights being a cheap brand. I just unplugged the bulb for now till I could figure it out. Month goes by and now my right rear blinker is stuck on...even with the car off for both. lol now I'm starting to think it's my cecm. I've only found old threads on this but no mk6. I've read something about I have a midline cecm and I need a highline cecm from a gti with stocks hid projectionsand no Kessey. And that I will need vagcom to program my keys to work . Anyone have more info on this? I would like to have my blinkers back lol.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
It doesnt sound like youve scanned the car yet. I would do that as soon as possible and that will provide a starting point. I have the halogen version as well and I have depo LED tails. Could be wrong but I dont see why you would need to upgrade the cecm to fix a frozen blinker. I believe thats needed to get LED headlights to work but Im not positive. Could it be a turn signal relay? If the fuses were bad I doubt thatd make the light stay on but Id check all the obvious stuff along with scanning it. Check the wiring of the tails. Any wires crimped when installed?

Edit: just saw online someone had this problem. It was a shorted out add on light that caused the power to go from all the other lights (turn signal) to ground. Maybe check those LED lights you have on the bumper

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I have genuine rear LED’s and genuine HID’s (non led) with AFS, both retrofitted and with an 086 BCM/CECM (midline I believe) all coded fine and zero issues so I doubt the BCM/CECM is the issue here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Having searched the web it appears it could be the CECM after all but a fault scan is the first thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: