GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Blown away by stock speakers this morning...

dudemanz

Ready to race!
How do you secure an amp installed under the front seat? Sheet metal screws?

StigsFatAmericanCousin

Ready to race!
I used industrial velcro with wood blocks in the corners to keep the amp from getting too hot.

quality_sound

hmm.......
There's a few different ways. I like to use industrial strength velcro if I don't want to drill holes in or cut thr carpet. A more secure option is to use silicone to attach a sheet of wood to the car UNDER the carpet where you're going to mount the amp. Then you would secure the amp to the wood through the carpet.

scottie46

Ready to race!
So I downloaded Dave Matthews Band's new album in FLAC format, converted it to Apple Lossless format (ALAC), and stuck it on my iPod. I had my MDI volume set to minimum, I was able to push the unit to volume 28 with zero distortion and it sounded unreal. It's a shame Apple doesn't offer FLAC or ALAC from their iTunes store.

These speakers really are great, you just need 1400kbps audio files. :p

whats FLAC and ALAC.....sorry :iono:

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I know I'm always saying how great the sound is on the stock system...but I was playing "In Da Club" by 50 Cent, MDI volume @ medium, volume @ 23, and my car was literally shaking, and the music was clear as could be.

I know subs are great, and with the windows down you don't hear much bass on the stock system, but when all the windows are shut...at least in my opinion, the bass is excellent!

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
I know people complain about the audio in the GTI especially the non dynaudio, but those people never had a Honda. Worst stock speakers ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It isn't the speakers, it is the head unit. I upgraded to a Pioneer AVIC head unit and my speakers really came to life, adding in a nice subwoofer really sounds great. Before adding the new HU I was considering replacing all of the door speakers with amped alpine Type-R (or S) 6.5" seperates, but now I don't feel it is necessary.

Johnny Two Tone

Ready to race!
^I think people put WAY too much emphasis on DACs and not nearly enough on the physical install and tuning. Simple swapping is never a good end game for upgrading a system. Go to any car audio web site on the net and you'll see that "install" is unanimously said to be the most important factor in how a system sounds.

My old car, a 2003 Saturn ION, had a surprisingly good sound system and it was just some cheap-a$$ OEM crap.

I hear all of the time "You really need a good DAC to make the music come alive". It's like, oookkkaayy...? Can you name one single specific "good" DAC without Googling it? What does that even mean, anyway? I can tune any system to sound better than "twelve o'clock" default settings. I mean, it's a car. It takes a lot to tell the difference between most DACs in an elaborate headphone setup (which I have two of) let alone in the plastic and glass box that is a car interior.

Changing speakers and having the ability heavily tweak the EQ, which a lot of OEM decks do not provide, is going to make WAAAY more significant sound differences than simple changing a deck from the RCD-510 to some random Sony deck and sticking it on the "rock" preset.

Someone on here keeps insisting that it's impossible to get good sound in the MK6 with the stock deck. Impossible? Really? ...REEAALLY?? How bad could the RCD-510/RNS-510 processing be to create a scenario where no one could like how it sounds when paired with a processor and new speakers?

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
^I think people put WAY too much emphasis on DACs and not nearly enough on the physical install and tuning. Simple swapping is never a good end game for upgrading a system. Go to any car audio web site on the net and you'll see that "install" is unanimously said to be the most important factor in how a system sounds.

My old car, a 2003 Saturn ION, had a surprisingly good sound system and it was just some cheap-a$$ OEM crap.

I hear all of the time "You really need a good DAC to make the music come alive". It's like, oookkkaayy...? Can you name one single specific "good" DAC without Googling it? What does that even mean, anyway? I can tune any system to sound better than "twelve o'clock" default settings. I mean, it's a car. It takes a lot to tell the difference between most DACs in an elaborate headphone setup (which I have two of) let alone in the plastic and glass box that is a car interior.

Changing speakers and having the ability heavily tweak the EQ, which a lot of OEM decks do not provide, is going to make WAAAY more significant sound differences than simple changing a deck from the RCD-510 to some random Sony deck and sticking it on the "rock" preset.

Someone on here keeps insisting that it's impossible to get good sound in the MK6 with the stock deck. Impossible? Really? ...REEAALLY?? How bad could the RCD-510/RNS-510 processing be to create a scenario where no one could like how it sounds when paired with a processor and new speakers?

Its probably me lol. I think the problem with the stock HU is the built in amp. The Dynaudio system uses the stock HU but powers the speakers with a separate amp and sounds very good.