GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANYONE IN NORTH CAROLINA

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
:-( I am in Charlotte. I am a new MK6 GTI owner. I am in my late 30s. Is that old?

No sir. I think what was intended (maybe) was to say that car forums aren't exactly top priority for a lot of the gti demographic around here. Maybe, maybe not. I know I had a mkV for years and this mkvi for a while before I got on a forum the first time.

Anyone near university or north of the city?

m0oZ1

Passed Driver's Ed
I live over by Northlake mall. :)
Keffer VW in Huntersville has Revo.
VW South has APR and Unitronic
GMP has APR off Pressley Road

I one of those old Charlotte GTI owners myself.

Last edited:

GoodyGTI'12

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in Wilmington. Only a few I've seen around town. Unfortunately my dealer just stocked my exact same autobahn this week. Not happy about it lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

iamgap

Ready to race!
For those in the Cherry Point and Jacksonville area.

I received this from the Cups and Cones Car Club in Havelock.

9 mile (as i type this) is in an order getting signed by the MAG-14 CO. It's basically getting treated exactly as catfish lake road. banned travel unless you are going to the gun range at the beginning of 9 mile or live on that road.

Having lived in several areas that have had a "dead man's curve" and even taking the Odum's curves on Queens Creek Rd, I have no idea what is so bad about 9 Mile Rd. Unless someone is going stupid fast, that road is easy.

gap

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I'm in Wilmington. Only a few I've seen around town. Unfortunately my dealer just stocked my exact same autobahn this week. Not happy about it lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Dude, totally forgot about inviting you to thing.

May 6th, 9am. Red Robin. Cars & Coffee.

Or every Tuesday night, Nicola's on Oleander Dr. 7:30pm.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
For those in the Cherry Point and Jacksonville area.

I received this from the Cups and Cones Car Club in Havelock.

Having lived in several areas that have had a "dead man's curve" and even taking the Odum's curves on Queens Creek Rd, I have no idea what is so bad about 9 Mile Rd. Unless someone is going stupid fast, that road is easy.

gap

Isn't Queens Creek rd the one by Swansboro HS? I don't recall many curves on that road :iono:

or is there one in Hubert?

iamgap

Ready to race!
Isn't Queens Creek rd the one by Swansboro HS? I don't recall many curves on that road :iono:

or is there one in Hubert?

Yes. You have to pass the creek to get to the curves. Anyone that works for Swansboro, Hubert, or Bear Creek FD will tell you they visit the one closest to Odum's Salvage on a regular basis. There is almost always tire tracks going into the ditches there.

gap

tko52

Just moved to Charlotte 2 months ago and just picked up my GTI last weekend. Had to get rid of the truck.

jettaglis

Go Kart Champion
Just moved to Charlotte 2 months ago and just picked up my GTI last weekend. Had to get rid of the truck.

welcome to charlotte, you should check out our chapter 11 meets on tuesdays in the regionals on the vw vortex

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Iamgap, are you guys still having meets Friday nights by BEst buy? I'm back in Jacksonville for the summer

Airforce131

Ready to race!
Blowing Rock.

Great timing - snow, windy, cold here today.

'11 GTI, APR Stage 1, APR Intake, DSG, black obsidian pearl

Hey man, do you go to school up there or are you a full time resident? I grew up in blowing rock/boone. I now live in hickory due to my job. I love it up there.

FlynscotTDI

I am in Salisbury NC I have a 2012 Candy White TDI Loaded with the Tech package and I have a 2004 R32 Silver

iamgap

Ready to race!
Iamgap, are you guys still having meets Friday nights by BEst buy? I'm back in Jacksonville for the summer

Yep. We may meet at the Mall, behind IHOP, this week due to a JPD that was a real a$$. When other Officers left us alone because we were being respctful of the area, she had to show her ride-along how tough she was.

We are working on getting the necessary permit (it is free), but we cannot find anyone that wants to claim responsibility for saying it is OK. It is Lowes' property, but they lease it to BB and Dicks, so Lowes says they should be the ones to say if it is OK. BB abd Dicks say they have already given permission to the Farmers' Market, so they should be the ones to say if it is OK. :( x infinity.

gap

iamgap

Ready to race!

Correction to my last post. This is from our FB page.

Friday: Since we cannot meet up at our normal spot this week, I was thinking we could have a BBQ/Hangout at my place. It would start at 7 and end when ever. Just bring something to eat/grill/cook/drink, what ever you feel like.

Saturday: This Saturday we will be headed to Havelock for C4's meet. Meeting place will be at our normal spot at 6:00pm and we will leave at 6:30pm. Please do not be late. C4 has been great with coming down to visit us, so we owe them the same respect. This will also be our official meet for this week since we will not be having one on Friday night. I look forward to seeing all of you this weekend, any questions or thoughts please let me know.

gap