GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

K&N for 2.5 Stock Housing

rip steakface1

Passed Driver's Ed
You are right, I am not familiar with the 2.5 intake. Regardless though, if you watch the video I posted, intakes just are not worth the money. Unless you are modified in some other way or form that requires the removal of the OEM air box, or you just need the higher flow of air and are not concerned about air quality since you would change your oil more often in a modded car.

So Many variables. If you want it for aesthetics by all means. Just do an oil analysis on your next couple oil changes to see how the filter is doing.

In the end, its your car and do what ever your heart desires, as long as your happy with it. :thumbsup:

Jeff

i'm confused (as usual)... in the video he says even without a filter the stock air box is DOWN on power compared to the CAI.

i've had an APR carbonio CAI on my 2.5 golf for a year now. while i can't say there's any more power, one thing that is very apparent vs stock is an improved throttle response. it FEELS like more power because of this, even if the gains are not really there numerically. i feel the car is a little quicker because of this. the amount of power hasn't increased much but it comes on faster.

throttle response + that noise (with the 5 cyl) = money well spent for me... next up is a Next Level Tuning cat back exhaust!

Last edited: